Tropica 1-2 Grow opinions?

Youthquaker

Does anyone have any opinions on whether these pots are definately pest free as advertised? How long do they survive in the pots? Are they good quality and all round value for money?

IndusNoir

I like them. They should be pest free since they are grown in a "sterile" environment and sold in sealed tubs, so no chance for cross-contamination. Not sure how long they can stay in the pot, but try to get as fresh as you can. They can start to look a bit sad if they stay in the pot for too long, doesn't mean the plant is a lost cause. One of my LFS will sometimes give these "old" plants away for free.
Your mileage may vary, but this is what my 1-2-grow Alternanthera Reineckii look after 3 weeks, before and after.

fa33bb92f204827e3834f87bd13c3d0b.png

e623ad741ca86a28abf45c3857564f85.png
These 3 plants are all from 1 pot, you divide them up and they grow, so a little patience required, but pretty good value IMO. I wouldn't use them for ALL my plants, but great source for small and carpeting plants.

ruud

I like them. They should be pest free since they are grown in a "sterile" environment and sold in sealed tubs, so no chance for cross-contamination. Not sure how long they can stay in the pot, but try to get as fresh as you can. They can start to look a bit sad if they stay in the pot for too long, doesn't mean the plant is a lost cause. One of my LFS will sometimes give these "old" plants away for free.
Your mileage may vary, but this is what my 1-2-grow Alternanthera Reineckii look after 3 weeks, before and after.

fa33bb92f204827e3834f87bd13c3d0b.png

e623ad741ca86a28abf45c3857564f85.png
These 3 plants are all from 1 pot, you divide them up and they grow, so a little patience required, but pretty good value IMO. I wouldn't use them for ALL my plants, but great source for small and carpeting plants.

Well, you're prejudiced of course ;)

WRWAquarium

My opinion is that tropica plants are good across the board. My favourite are the mini rather than the pots or 1 2 grow We stock tropica at work in the fish room.

Ive had success with the 1 2 grow nymphoides and salvinia , the plants come in just water, no nutrient gels. Not too much rinsing needed. Never had pests. However I did find a live spider in one before so I doubt the sterile part!

The plants last a good few weeks in the packaging if they have light. At work they are all in a l.e.d lit fridge.

Katona

I've had good results. Got Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Marsilea crenata and Pogostemon heiferi cups and all are growing without much intervention from me.

Blacksheep1

Never had pests. However I did find a live spider in one before so I doubt the sterile part!
I’d of volleyed that straight outta the window !!!!

I digress, I’ve had success with pretty much all the 1 2 grow plants , stems, moss and carpet. Try to get them out of the packaging as soon as you can for the best results but they’ll last at least a couple of more days in the packs. Certain websites do offers on packs of these too..

WRWAquarium

Free
I’d of volleyed that straight outta the window !!!!

I digress, I’ve had success with pretty much all the 1 2 grow plants , stems, moss and carpet. Try to get them out of the packaging as soon as you can for the best results but they’ll last at least a couple of more days in the packs. Certain websites do offers on packs of these too.

It was just a money spider I think. I did chuck it outside and Co worker said tropica are based in the Netherlands and I have probably introduced a non native species to the UK hahaha

Blacksheep1

Free

It was just a money spider I think. I did chuck it outside and Co worker said tropica are based in the Netherlands and I have probably introduced a non native species to the UK hahaha
Gee thanks. Pandemic, economic crisis , party-gate, monkey pox and now a spider epidemic. Just what we need ;)

Youthquaker

Pets@home often do the 1-2 grow posts on a 3 for 2 offer but I have no idea how long they stay in the stores which might be a concern

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
JavaMossMan
Replies
Views
jake37
  • Question
Replies