Triple sulfa for betta?

SmearingsFish

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So, I’ve had my betta, July for quite some time. He’s very sick, I’ve added almond leaves and have tried some other things, none of which worked. But what disease he has really isn’t the problem.
Should triple sulfa help with bad fin rot? And more importantly, is it safe for bettas?

OP
SmearingsFish

SmearingsFish

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ghelfaire said:
What are your water parameters? Clean water is usually the best cure.
Ammonia: 0.25 ppm
Nitrate: 20 ppm
Nitrite: 0.25 ppm
Ph: 7.6
I do water changes twice a week, and upped it to every other day when I noticed him declining. That seemed to stall everything, but even after IAL and other things, nothing happene. He’s been in a similar state for maybe 3 months now, and he is still eating, but only if I bring it near his spot where he lays on the ground.

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IALs are a prophylactic, not a cure. They can help prevent different diseases, but once these are there, they don't do anything. Especially with frequent waterchanges most of the beneficial tannins are taken out again and th remnants of the leaves just rot. I'd take them out and only add them again when the disease is cured.

Could you please fill out the template? This will make many other questions unnecessary to ask and we all can help better.
Fish Emergency Template | 376562 | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health

New Threads