Triops Photos

Keystone
Just came across a few pics I don't believe I posted before. These are from my last Triops batch - pretty sure I took the pics in October '17

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpg
    IMG_3940.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 118
Coradee
Great pics, strange looking creature

Keystone
It turns out pics were taken on 25 September 2017....looks they are mating in the second pic

Keystone
If anyone is interested in trying to raise Triops and stay low budget - I was in a Hobby Lobby store today and several packs in the "Toyops" brand line were marked down to $1.99 on clearance.

coralbandit
Very cool .
How long do they live for you ? I have read they only survive about 35 days and then you need to harvest and hatch the eggs ??

Keystone
Depending on the species some can live up to or a little past 120 days. Eggs need to be dried out or they won't hatch. I let my tanks dry out and sit for a few months

coralbandit
Space provided these will be a winter fun project for me .
After a good deal of my life with fish [35+ years] I look forward to keeping a form of life I have not yet.
These just seem too cool to pass up.
Which sp. lives the longest?
Thanks for sharing man.

Keystone
I refilled this and my fairy shrimp tank 2 weeks ago - lots of little things swimming around in the Triops tank. None of them are Triops, though. Haven't managed to get any good pictures yet, but will keep trying.

Just when I gave up on seeing anything and was going to hatch new eggs, fairy shrimp started showing up everywhere - at least 20 Branchinecta mediospinosa at last count. Started seeing seed shrimp as well today.

Will probably end up buying one or two more small tanks to start hatching out the new species.

Keystone
Noticed 2 females with egg sacs in the Branchinecta mediospinosa tank - looks like I'll get to raise a third generation.

Keystone
Confirmed Triops hatchlings spotted tonight

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AJE
Replies
Views
josh40996
Replies
Views
Amynnas