Triops Community Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by fish time, Aug 4, 2017.

1. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

any one ever kept triops in a community tank with other bottom dwellers like corys or are triops bad to keep in a community tank reason why I ask this is because I still have some triops eggs that I don't know what I'm going to do with i wouldn't won't to throw it away

2. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Triops will feed on just about anything, so you should probably keep them only with fish that are non aggressive and equal and size. They WILL eat any eggs or fry in an aquarium, so be careful about that. I have never kept them in a community tank, but the way I see them, they are pretty much omnivorous shrimp. They will eat plants, in asia they are used to remove weeds in rice paddies (maybe keep them with betta fish?) so keep that in mind.

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

When I did research on them a long time ago, I was turned away because it seems they will attack fish. Besides, they die after a short lifespan and it is a pain to get their eggs out and dry them out and rehydrate them..... etc.

4. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I would have to agree. If you want invertebrates go with shrimp or snails. XD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice