Trimming Plants Question

1. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

So I've never had this problem because i never thought they would get that tall. I know literally nothing about them and its the most basic co2 system you can think of. I'm pretty sure its the wisteria that's going crazy. So whats the best way, place to trim down plants.

Also, in one corner of the tank, opposite of the filter out takes and the co2 thing, they are getting a little yellow.

I haven't used root tabs for a while, because everything is growing like weeds.

2. MD_Plants

MD_Plants Well Known Member Member

You can just cut the plant at any point and replant and it will root. Preferably at the internode (little notch in stem). Also, you can just dose flourish and some root tabs to help that. I think it’s a Phosphorus deficiency

3. OP
    OP
    2211Nighthawk

Ok. I'm ripping the whole tank down in a month (moving) so can I wait on root tabs till then or should I jump on it .

4. MD_Plants

MD_Plants Well Known Member Member

I would wait. No reason to waist them. Even if it does die back a lot you can grow a massive plant from a tiny portion.

5. OP
    OP
    2211Nighthawk

Oh yes.. started off with three half dead stems and now my tank is dang near overflowing .