Trimming Plants - wrong to leave plants grow?

yuppicide

Is it wrong to leave plants grow and grow and grow? Forgive me as it's been over 20 years since I've had a tank. I like real plants. When I did have a plant, I had a few tall thin plants (who knows what) that grew to the top of the water, then across to the other side of the tank. Must have been 2 feet in length if you were to straighten it end to end. I liked how some of the plants intertwined with others and well it looked natural in there (and cozy).

Aquaphobia

No, it's not wrong. Gardens are never "wrong"

I know that there are certain ways of doing things but really, it's your garden and no one but you gets to decide what that looks like it how you go about achieving it.

There. That's my horticultural rant for today!

yuppicide

No, it's not wrong. Gardens are never "wrong"

I know that there are certain ways of doing things but really, it's your garden and no one but you gets to decide what that looks like it how you go about achieving it.

There. That's my horticultural rant for today!

I just didn't know if it was harmful to let them grow that long. I figure long as there's room for the fish and it's not caught up in the filter system then all is good.

Jocelyn Adelman

Nope, it's all good. All depends on the look you want. More trimming=bushier plants, especially if you want them contained to one location. If not let them grow away!
If you like the look of growing across the tank top check out jungle vals and Aponogetons, they both cover the top like mad.... banana plants can too

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bryangar
Replies
Views
PeteStevers
Replies
Views
Dch48
Replies
Views