Trimming and Planting Amazon sword

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
So my Amazon sword has pretty hard stems with tiny leaves. what part do I cut and replant? I've included a picture so you can see what I mean:

marek313

Reaction score
You need to wait a little bit longer. My sword does the same thing. You need to wait until you see roots and couple of leaves forming on those new baby plants. Then you can cut those off and plant.

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I got tired of that stick coming up out of my plant so snipped it, but when that grows again, I'll be a little more patient.

marek313

Reaction score
This one doesnt look that big. Mine is about 3 feet long but then again my plant by itself is about 20" high. You will get another one soon enough. If you go to my website (link in the sig) all the way on the bottom you can see my sword with baby plants. You would want that size before cutting them off. Good luck

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
are the baby plants you're talking about what looks like little springs of grass here and there or am I looking at the wrong plant?

marek313

Reaction score
There is a long stem all the way on the top. Some of the leaves are even above the water but you can see the roots hanging on top.

32.jpg

33.jpg

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
oh, I see now. Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom