Tried real plants, tried silk plants... now what?

DianeCee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When I started my tank, I knew I wasnt into special lighting and fertilizing and all the care that went into real plants so I spent a fortune for silk plants and I loved how they looked. But when the algae basically soaked into the fibers and it takes an hour (and alot of scalded skin) to soak and scrub them in hot water to only get 80% of them clean, I tried some live plants. That didnt work out, the leaves died within 2-3 months.

My question is, can plastic plants look realistic/good? Post pictures if you can too!

Thanks!

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I artificial plants can look great in an aquarium, not necessarily realistic but nice for what they are, fake.
Here's a pictue of my 55 with nothing but fakes plants, it has live ones now:

fishynoob

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do tanks ever get into the "finished" state? lol

Edit:
As far as plants go I have two live plants in two tiny cute little pots that are doing much better than when I try to plant them. I have had a few fake looking plastic plants but I will let you know if I get any nice ones in the nest few weeks.

Last edited:

JDcichlidlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Live plant geeks lol. I don't fertilize my tank. And its not even substrate. Its gravel. And my plants are booming! Lol. Java moss is really easy. Just throw it it! Tadaa! Lol and I have a sword that I put in. And a week later it has a stalk to the top of the tank already plants aren't too hard. Just have to get easy ones

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think my Mbunas would have them tore up like a plant shake. They already have my substrate tore up around the rocks with their multiple housing project going.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom