Tri colored/calico mystery snail

Discussion in 'Snails' started by tarathesnailkeeper, Jun 18, 2016.

1. tarathesnailkeeperNew MemberMember

Has anyone ever had a tri color mystery snail? Mine is gold, ivory, and blue with an orange body. I have pictures but I can't figure out how to upload them.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

3. Bithimala

BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

Pics please!

4. OP
    OP
    t

tarathesnailkeeperNew MemberMember

5. rainman

rainmanWell Known MemberMember

How big is this snail, if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you

6. Bithimala

I can definitely say I've never seen one like that. Is it a standard mystery snail? Can't really tell from the pic since I'm on my phone atm.

7. OP
    OP
    t

It's about the size of a nickel. I have never seen one like it before either. I didn't get any golden out of the clutch either just a ton of ivories, purple, and blues.

8. OP
    OP
    t

9. Bithimala

Awesome!

10. rainman

rainmanWell Known MemberMember

It's possible that as the shell thickens and the snail grows you will see a more prominent color. You may just be seeing the inner machinations of a snails anatomy through its young thin shell.

Either way it looks awesome, good picture! :)

11. Lady Monster

Lady MonsterWell Known MemberMember

Weird, my first ivory snail had a dark part on its shell, on the "older" part towards the very center of the spiral. Most of the others at the store had the same darker spot on the same part of the shell. A few were pure ivory looking, as in no discoloration on shell. How old is the snail? I am not knowledgeable about snails, but i would say that A) it could be normal B) if its not normal then i would ask you about its diet. What do you feed it? Is there enough calcium in the food, and if the water parameters are very stable. Because i know the water contents and diet (calcium) plays a part in shell appearance.

12. Lady Monster

Lady MonsterWell Known MemberMember

Your purple looks like my black. Either way she appears nice and healthy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice