Treatment of the Ick Parasite

Treatment of the Ick Parasite 2020-01-17

No permission to download

iamgoldfish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
iamgoldfish submitted a new resource:

Treatment of the ICK PARASITE - Learn to identify, and treat for ick (white spot)

What is Ick?

If you have seen small white spots on your fish, and have seen it bumping into decorations, it may have been infected with a parasite known as ick (ich, white spot).
We are going to discuss the lifecycle of the ick parasites, which medication to buy and how to dose your beautiful fish properly!
Because my goldfish have recovered from an ick outbreak before, and I simply wanted to help other people here to defeat this common, deadly parasite like I did. Without treatment...
Read more about this resource...

Zachsnanotanks

Reaction score
Garlic and heat as if your killing a vampire it sounds crazy but works the best even better if you add some medicine fish like the garlic to!

Fishyk80

Reaction score
I've been treating ick for about 4 days now. I didn't use medicine because I'm pretty sure there aren't any that aren't harmful to snails. At least, not that I could find. I did a lot of research and kept seeing people saying that ick in the free swimming stage will die in water that's 86 f or higher. It took awhile to get 60 gallons of water heated that high, but I'm hopeful this will work. If not, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess I'll have to find the snails and send them on vacation to a smaller, make shift tank for a little while so I can medicate the tank.

OP
iamgoldfish

iamgoldfish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fishyk80 said:
I've been treating ick for about 4 days now. I didn't use medicine because I'm pretty sure there aren't any that aren't harmful to snails. At least, not that I could find. I did a lot of research and kept seeing people saying that ick in the free swimming stage will die in water that's 86 f or higher. It took awhile to get 60 gallons of water heated that high, but I'm hopeful this will work. If not, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess I'll have to find the snails and send them on vacation to a smaller, make shift tank for a little while so I can medicate the tank.
Probably quarantine the snails first- how many fish are in there?

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom