Treating ich with heat with plants, inverts, etc?

Chenpoes

I've got a lot of sensitive critters in my 55g, cherry, ghost, and amano shrimp, snails, African dwarf frogs, khuli loaches, and a buttload of plants. I accidentally spilled all of my ich x (I've got blue carpet forever now... Learn from my mistakes lol) and was wondering if I could still do a heat treatment with these species.

Bwood22

No. Heat will only cause the ich to spread faster and you "can't" dose any salt to use in conjunction with the heat.

I'm not familiar with any ich medications. Ive never had to use it so im not sure about using ich x etc with your stock.

But if you can....you should resort to that asap.

Chenpoes

No. Heat will only cause the ich to spread faster and you can dose any salt to use in conjunction with the heat.

I'm not familiar with any ich medications. Ive never had to use it so im not sure about using ich x etc with your stock.

But if you can....you should resort to that asap.
Heat makes it worse but above around 86-87f kills ich, just not sure if my tank inhabitants can handle it. Can't do a salt treatment because I don't believe it's good for my plants, khulis, or ADFs

Bwood22

Heat makes it worse but above around 86-87f kills ich, just not sure if my tank inhabitants can handle it. Can't do a salt treatment because I don't believe it's good for my plants, khulis, or ADFs
I meant to say "can't dose any salt". Sorry that would have been bad had you not known.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Julesvee
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
katorimom
Replies
Views