Treating Ich - Red Eye Tetra with Ich

1. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Well sadly my Red Eye Tetra has Ich . I've had bad experience with ich before which wiped out my entire fish. Only saved a few. I moved him right away when I saw he had ich to my 10 gallon. What is the best way to treat him. I've used ich medecine before. I heard salt and heat will work.
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406074943.014436.jpg
    This is my fish

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. WiFi Well Known Member Member

I would actually use Jungle Ick Guard! It really cheap, easy to dose, and usually the first treatment completely kills Ich. It calls for 1 teaspoon (5ml) per 10g, if it doesn't get rid of it the first day, do a 25% W/C and dose it again. Works a lot better than raising the heat and salt, faster too!! :;rocker
    Hope this helps.

(I should let you know that it does stain some aquatic stuff such as air tubing, some types of fake plants, and stains yourself pretty bad too!)

3. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Yeah thanks. The medecine I used before did that. Well I just found out that more fish have Ich. I saw really tiny spots on 1 neon tetra and 1 serpae tetra. I hope it didn't spread in my main tank because it's gonna be a disaster like last time I had ich. I really hope I will be able to treat these guys. I will be going to my LFS hopefully tomorrow to get my Ich medecine

4. Maxi1 Member Member

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Okay so it took me like 40 minutes to net the rest of the fish . So currently the fish I'm going to quarantine is 2 Red Eye tetra, 1 Neon Tetra and 1 Serpae tetra. I hope no more fish have Ich.

6. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

With Ich the whole tank is infected. So you shouldn't QT fish with Ich but instead treat the tank the fish was in.

7. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Okay so I quarantine the whole tank?

8. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Yes, as jdhef Mentioned, the parasite that causes ICH is currently in your main tank, you will need to treat your main tank, as well as your QT Tanks if you added fish from you main tank there.

Think of a government quarantine, nothing allowed in, nothing allowed out. Treatment as swift and clean as possible.

9. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

I think the whole display tank is now a QT tank...

10. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Okay thanks. I will be getting some ICH medecine today and treat the whole tank.

11. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Hope all goes well! I know how frustrating medicating fish can be, and who really likes sick fish :(

12. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I know. I've had bad experiences with ich before :(