Treating ich and breeding rams

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by lostsoulstav, Apr 6, 2010.

1. lostsoulstav

lostsoulstav New Member Member

Treating ich and breeding rams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think my fish have ICH they have little white spots on them, but haven't been acting wierd or anything (no scratching, darting, clamped fins). So I have been treating them with organic ich attack for 2 days. I went to check on them this morning and found my German Blue Ram and my Electric Blue Ram hovering over eggs!!!

I have no idea what to do. I have never had any fish breed in my tank before. I am worried about the ich, other fish eating the fry, the fry getting sucked up in the filter, and what to feed them.

I have a 55 gallon planted aquarium with 1 betta, 7 harlequin rasbora, 5 neon tetra, 1 bushynose pleco, and 3 rams (2 male). My filter is a Penguin 330. Temp is 84, pH 6.2, 0 nitrite and ammonia, 20 nitrates.

What do I need to do to protect these little guys?

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Welcome to FishLore!!

Your other threads have been deleted.
    It's only mecessary to start one thread for a question, makes it less confusing that way.

I'm sure someone who is familiar with breeding rams will be able to help you when they log on.

Good luck. :)

3. allibobs

allibobs Well Known Member Member

how are your rams with eggs doing?

4. OP
    OP
    lostsoulstav

lostsoulstav New Member Member

I think I made them nervous by watching them too closely. I was looking at them from in front of the tank and the male came up to the glass and was acting like he wanted to attack me. Anyway, the next time I looked all the eggs were gone. They must've eaten them. I've read that they do that sometimes if they get stressed. Hopefully next time we'll have more success.

5. allibobs

allibobs Well Known Member Member

awww no :( you will have to try to not look next time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice