Treating Fin Rot In A Divided Tank?

a_nnis

Reaction score
Hello—I have a 10gal. divided betta tank housing two male bettas (the divider consists of holes so there is water flow). Both the fish have unfortunately contracted fin rot—I have experience with treating this before, but I do not have experience with treating it for multiple fish at a time.

So my question is not about how to treat fin rot, but rather how to go about treatment in a divided tank. Is it possible to treat in-tank seeing as both fish are ill with the same infection, or do I still separate both betta fish into their own quarantine tanks?

If it is necessary to separate into quarantine tanks, at what point in the healing process would it be safe to reintroduce both fish back into the main tank? I would hate to have both fish begin healing (which I know can take weeks to months to reach completion) but only have their progress be interrupted from being reintroduced into the shared water prematurely.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you!

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would just keep them in the same tank and treat. Also, fin rot can often be fixed with just clean, well oxygenated water if you'd rather not medicate

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom