Treating corydoras & combining medications

Smolfryz

So, I'm in the middle of treating 8 corydoras who I think all have ich. I only saw two who physically had the white spots, but I decided to treat them all just in case it was still internal since I may have caught it early. I moved them to the hospital tank and I noticed something else on one cory. A goldish/white spot on the dorsal fin. I'm not sure what it is but can the ich medicine still treat that or do I need to combine medications? It looks like it could just be a little body damage, but I wanted a 2nd opinion before I decided to do anything else.

Attachments

• 20220515_141735.jpg
    20220515_141735.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220515_141419.jpg
    20220515_141419.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 4

DoubleDutch

I wouldn't combine meds and certainly if you're not sure what to treat for.

Ich should always be treated in the main tank and is an external parasite (never internal). The parasite is invisible in the water in a certain stage of its lifecycle.

Edit : the parasite will settle in the gills as well. That could count as internal.

Smolfryz

Okay so if I moved them, would it be safe to move them back to main tank and dose them, or just continue what I'm doing here? Some people tell me move fish to quarantine/hospital tanks, so I'm a little confused on what's true information.

DoubleDutch

Okay so if I moved them, would it be safe to move them back to main tank and dose them, or just continue what I'm doing here? Some people tell me move fish to quarantine/hospital tanks, so I'm a little confused on what's true information.
Simply read about Ich and its lifecycle in the stickies on this forum.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Aquaticguy
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bettanewb78
Replies
Views
Maya Boone