Travelling Question 

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey I’m in New York for the next week or so and was wondering if there was any good aquariums or “zoo”ish places to go and see some animals. Preferablyaquatic or semi aquatic. I’ve been to central park zoo and it didn’t have a marine or aquaria section and i was wondering if there was anything that could tickle my fancy

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok thank you

Is there possibly a freshwater place I could go to see as well?
Or even just a big aquarium shop with a lot to look at?

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FinalFins said:
Try google maps
Well Google maps doesn't tell me the range, quality or any of that. I was wondering if anyone could tell me someplace good to see some cool fish preferably not cramped into little sale cases like average pet stores. Maybe something nice on the eyes

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So today I was at the beach in Hawaii and stumbled upon a little pond where I noticed small red creatures swimming around. I went to check it out as my curiosity had been tickled and as I got closer I was thinking no way! Surely not.
But with a super up close look I was certain, the little pond of maybe 2 feet around and just a few inches deep was absolutely swarming with red cherry shrimp!!!
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Really beginning to wonder how people get such good photos of the little guys. Has anyone got some photos to share of their Neo's?

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
abbytherookiehuman said:
Really beginning to wonder how people get such good photos of the little guys. Has anyone got some photos to share of their Neo's?
Wow! A billion of them! I don't have shrimp, just fish that like to eat them:(
Thanks for sharing!

AcuarioAmazonico

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dude get some in your check in luggage. Atm they’re going for over $8 a pop! Hahaha

I’ve been told Singapore is the place to go for freshwater aquarium. Wish I knew that before - have been a couple of times and never heard of it :(

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FinalFins said:
Wow! What a sight! I knew there were shrimp in there but not a billion in their streams! I also heard you can catch plecos ,guppies and endlers in the streams out in hawaii, why don't you try that?
Wouldn't I get arrested?
Either way though I would love to have a poke around

MelbourneGuy said:
Dude get some in your check in luggage. Atm they’re going for over $8 a pop! Hahaha

I’ve been told Singapore is the place to go for freshwater aquarium. Wish I knew that before - have been a couple of times and never heard of it :(
It's a pretty long flight back to Sydney from here, if they don't get taken out and get .E some kind of fine they'll probably die

Also since I've been away for three weeks I would need to do so much cleaning and preparing and maybe even re- cycling my tank. I would rather pay for them than kill them for free. I've found a pretty good deal online anyways

AcuarioAmazonico

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
abbytherookiehuman said:
Wouldn't I get arrested?

It's a pretty long flight back to Sydney from here, if they don't get taken out and get .E some kind of fine they'll probably die

Also since I've been away for three weeks I would need to do so much cleaning and preparing and maybe even re- cycling my tank. I would rather pay for them than kill them for free. I've found a pretty good deal online anyways
I was joking of course. Our customs is one of the harshest. If you had a suitcase full of live shrimp you’d be doing hard time for a while :)

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
abbytherookiehuman said:
Wouldn't I get arrested?

]
Actually not sure, but plenty of woods to explore and many videos on the web showing people catching plecos/fish in the hawain streams. And released, of course.

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I came across them today in a volcano information centre that referred to them as Hawaiian pond shrimp so I googled if they are one and the same or not and apparently they are brackish shrimp and they're much smaller than red cherry shrimp which explains them being so much smaller than expected
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom