Transporting corydoras.

Derek88242

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was thinking about breeding/selling some albino corydoras again. Previously I have given them to my lfs and used either a large Tupperware container or 5 gallon bucket to transport them. This time I plan on posting them online to sell locally and was wondering the best way to give them to the people I am selling to. I know their spines can puncture bags(although the lfs sold them to me in a bag). any advice is appreciated.

Asomeone

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
A lot of the big box stores like BRS ship their fishies in small stylophone ice boxes. Taped shut. Helps maintain temps and keeps and leaked water in. I suppose if even if it leaked the fish would survive if you filled the bag enough.

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Derek88242 said:
I was thinking about breeding/selling some albino corydoras again. Previously I have given them to my lfs and used either a large Tupperware container or 5 gallon bucket to transport them. This time I plan on posting them online to sell locally and was wondering the best way to give them to the people I am selling to. I know their spines can puncture bags(although the lfs sold them to me in a bag). any advice is appreciated.
I bought albino corydoras before online, and they shipped them to me double or triple bagged (don't remember) and had no losses. They were in the bag for 3 days. Came in a small styrofoam ice box wrapped with newspaper and a heat pack. I would assume the breeder fasted the fish for a couple of days before shipping to avoid extra ammonia in the bag.

New Threads