Transitioning over to a partially planted tank?

TeaandTomatoes602
I'm planning to turn my 55 gallon community tank into a partially planted tank over the next few months... I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to start? Currently it's completely unplanted and has fake plants and rock decorations. I'm not sure what options I have because my tank has 2 blood parrots that move the gravel around like crazy all the time. I was thinking I could starting with some floating plants or bogwood? Thank you!
Attached is a photo of the type of gravel I have.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1470449681.984785.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1470449681.984785.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 101
Dave125g
I too am relatively new to live plants. With your stock your right floating plants is one way to go. There are plants that can be glued to driftwood or some other large decor. Java fern (I think) is one that can be glued. On a side note: you won't regret planting your tank. They really keep the nitrate levels down.

Wraithen
Almost all of the low light low tech species are easy to grow just floating around in the tank. You could always disguise pots as rocks to keep the fish from being able to rearrange much.

TeaandTomatoes602
Thank you all so much for the advice! I ended up ordering some hornwort, moss balls, and duckweed off of amazon along with some fertilizer and MopanI wood.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
Replies
Views
mikerox29
Replies
Views
bgclarke
Replies
Views