Transitioning From Bbs To Packaged Fry Food Help 

LoganKarl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi all!

I have 8 Honey Gourami fry that are almost a month old now. They are feeding exclusively on BBS but I would like to switch them to a commercial fry food that I have. It almost 100% krill sized for fry. I have been putting some in every day with the BBS. The fry go for it but then spit it out right away. How do I go about transitioning them to a non live food? I dont want to starve them.

Any tips would be appreciated!!

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glad to see the little ones doing so well! Try only feeding the other food for a couple days, if that doesn't work then maybe they just don't like it. I've had good results in transitioning betta fry with Bug Bites (for small fish) and Hikari micro pellets.

LoganKarl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Demeter said:
Glad to see the little ones doing so well! Try only feeding the other food for a couple days, if that doesn't work then maybe they just don't like it. I've had good results in transitioning betta fry with Bug Bites (for small fish) and Hikari micro pellets.
Thanks! They are doing pretty well now. Lost a few due to my inexperience but I guess I had to learn the hard way!

I do have Bug Bites. That's the main food I feed my community tank along with frozen blood worms. I will try to feed with that and see if they take it!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom