Tragedy and bliss mixed...

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just returned from my honeymoon with my wonderful Blakey a couple days ago. I love being married to him, he's so great. Of course I was in complete bliss. Then when I get to my parent's house, my mom pulls me aside and tells me that before I go into my room there was something I should know. It turns out that Garth and Kiwi both passed away while I was gone getting married and on the honeymoon. :'( I couldn't believe it. I was crushed. I just sat there and bawled on Blake's shoulder for a very long time. They said they almost lost Pistachio too. He was so weak he couldn't get away from the filter intake and kept getting sucked onto it. But my dad took some quick emergency action, for which I am very proud of him (he isnt' really a fish person). So far Stachi seems ok... but I'm very worried about him. And he seems so lonely in that big tank all by himself I hope he makes it.
Those puffers were more than just fish to me. They were my first fish. They came to me at the hardest time of my life. When I felt like I was completely alone and had no friends in the world, I would go down and play with them, and I knew they loved me in their own fishy way. They were my best friends at times. My mom said that they were my little angels and they left when I had a new angel (my husband) to take care of me.
I can't believe they are gone. Rest in peace, my dear sweet angels, my adorable little girl and my big silly boy. I love you forever. You'll always be in my heart. Thank you for changing my life and pulling me through the hard times. I miss you terribly already.

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not really sure... all me and my dad could come up with is, if you remember, Stachi had a cloudy eye problem a few weeks ago, which I treated with Ampicillin-medicated food. I just treated him, not the other 2. Maybe they had the same infection but didn't show signs, and that's why they died and Stachi didn't...

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
:'( Oh pink, I'm so sorry! I loved your guys and their antics.
RIP Garth and Kiwi

Welcome back, I wish your homecoming could have been as happy as your wedding and honeymoon. :console:

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So sorry you lost them Rest knowing they left you in Blakes good hands to take care of you now.
Carol

Tony G.

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
oh no pink!! sorry you lost them. They left you in good hands. Sending fishy prayers to you and stachi

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks everyone. Blake has an empty 30g, and hopefully we'll be able to move Stachi into our apartment with us. 80gs is so huge for one little lonely 2" puff.

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't know if I have the heart to right now. Especially not to put new fragile puffs into a tank of death... And my situtation is interesting... we're in an apartment for about 2 months until a basement apartment will be finished for us, so we'll be moving quite a bit, and I didn't want to move the 80g twice anyways. (plus we're on the 3rd floor!) I was just gonna leave them at home under the care of my dad, and go there to check on them as often as I could for these 2 months until we could move to the basement apartment. But moving a 30g is much easier than moving an 80g, so we can probably bring Stach with us. My apartment doesn't quite feel like home yet without the fishes there.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Mrs. Pink So sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes for you and your new hubby.
Ken

jgon_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh my, Pink...Garth and Stachi were the top two reasons I got into puffers. I'm so sorry to hear about Garth and Kiwi.:-\

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you everyone. It's still so surreal to me.... I hope that they're just hiding under the rocks. I guess just because I didn't see their poor little bodies I heard it was gruesome when they found Kiwi and they never found Garth

Oh my, Pink...Garth and Stachi were the top two reasons I got into puffers. I'm so sorry to hear about Garth and Kiwi.:-\
Thanks, I don't know what I'll do without all of their antics...

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey Pink,

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I didn't want to hijack your other one. I am so sorry about Garth and Kiwi. Poor babies That must have been awful coming back from your honeymoon to that. I'm glad that you were able to take Pistachio with you to your new place. Hopefully having him around will cheer you up. RIP Garth and Kiwi

On a happier note, I am glad that you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon However, IMO, being married and enjoying eachothers company after all of the festivities are over is even better

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you Kate I was just so blindsided... I didn't expect it at all.
I totally agree. Being married is so great, it's like a sleepover party with your best friend all the time! Haha. It was way fun getting all prettied up and having all our family and friends around to share our special day though

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom