Trade Manzanita For Some Rcs?

Kathryn Crook
I am building a heavy planted 10 gallon aquarium and plan to stock it with cherry shrimp, but I live in the sticks and have no LFS. But I have tons of dead Manzanita in my back yard. I was wondering if anyone is interested in a trade, when the time is right for my shrimp...say a month or so?
Heres my newly planted tank (still gonna top it off with a groundcover and more background). And here is a pic of the Manzanita. No pesticides or herbicides.
My tank is my own backyard manzanita.
4D616B0A-227E-4E15-A84D-6C98BC7A58BF.jpeg
3DFB40B5-0F81-4CE6-B7C2-5AE9E5853A2C.jpeg

If you are wondering why so much is dead...the drought and overgrazing by deer have decimated the Manzanita. I have one of the few patches left not mowed down by Home Owners Association for fire abatement.

Fishcat
Alas, I have no shrimp, but have you considered selling some of your manzanita? I am looking upon it in envy, and I can’t be the only one.

Kathryn Crook
Alas, I have no shrimp, but have you considered selling some of your manzanita? I am looking upon it in envy, and I can’t be the only one.
Hehe, I have not really, I'm terrible at business and have no idea the worth or even shipping costs. Not to mention, there is always some SOB out there that never likes what they get...so I prefer a more personal approach.

Mcasella
How many shrimp are you looking for? What grade are you thinking?

Kathryn Crook
How many shrimp are you looking for? What grade are you thinking?
I know nothing about tank shrimp, tbh, this is my first shrimp tank. I would like (of course) nice bright red ones. Maybe someday, to even add some blues. (I read they can house together without interbreeding). But I know these things can breed like crazy so I thought maybe it could be a fair trade.

Mcasella
I know nothing about tank shrimp, tbh, this is my first shrimp tank. I would like (of course) nice bright red ones. Maybe someday, to even add some blues. (I read they can house together without interbreeding). But I know these things can breed like crazy so I thought maybe it could be a fair trade.
As long as they are different species the two can be housed together. So a sakura or high grade is what you are thinking for the red color? They sometimes breed like crazy, specially if the tank is shrimp only. I'll have my tanks at a new location at that time but I can let you know what I have currently?

Kathryn Crook
As long as they are different species the two can be housed together. So a sakura or high grade is what you are thinking for the red color? They sometimes breed like crazy, specially if the tank is shrimp only. I'll have my tanks at a new location at that time but I can let you know what I have currently?
It is shrimp only, cept for a couple goldie snails.
Please do! I'm just going thru my “inventory” and taking stock.

825EB312-FC36-4BE4-975E-940AD4AF20C2.jpeg Yanked these beauties out...about 4ft long. How to box them, idk, lol.

Are you interested in some manzanita?

Attachments

• FD6A5A4E-2D05-4A85-8DFB-DEC771A3EF31.jpeg
    FD6A5A4E-2D05-4A85-8DFB-DEC771A3EF31.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 75
Kathryn Crook
I may consider, in the future, selling some...once I know what shipping costs are. Its boxing them safely I worry most about.
So stay posted people! The stuff makes great smoking wood too!
(I'm pretty sure I heard some fish people having anurisms at the thought!). Haha!

SegiDream
Just wanted to note I would probably be interested in some of the manzanita (various sizes maybe) too depending on price. I have rcs but they're not established enough, unfortunately

Fishcat
I would definitely be interested in some of your manzanita, especially branchy pieces.

DioAquatics
If you're willing to sell and ship some wood, I'd buy some. I'd like pieces that are 6-10 inches and with a lot of branches

Kathryn Crook
Ill let you guys know. Thanks!

abcdefghi
Wow I would love to have that in my back yard! If you do end up selling any of want to trade for plants let me know. Would be after some decent sized pieces for a 125G.

Kathryn Crook
Wow I would love to have that in my back yard! If you do end up selling any of want to trade for plants let me know. Would be after some decent sized pieces for a 125G.
I can't send anything over 10 to 12 inches. I tried sending a couple at 28in and it woulda cost 265 bucks ground UPS!
(Unless you wanna pay shipping up front, lol! Its already boxed!)
Edit: I should add that was cross country. From CA to VA

But I would surely trade for some plants if smaller piece are ok.

abcdefghi
I can't send anything over 10 to 12 inches. I tried sending a couple at 28in and it woulda cost 265 bucks ground UPS!
(Unless you wanna pay shipping up front, lol! Its already boxed!)
Edit: I should add that was cross country. From CA to VA

That's a crazy amount, I have sent huge packages before (talking 60lb, 36" long boxes) for much less than that. Try USPS, a 5lb package 30" x 6" x 6" from 90001 to my location in VA is $23. FedEx are often cheaper than UPS as well.

Let me look at my tank and figure out how I could place smaller pieces, they may also work, will let you know. Thanks.

Kathryn Crook
That's a crazy amount, I have sent huge packages before (talking 60lb, 36" long boxes) for much less than that. Try USPS, a 5lb package 30" x 6" x 6" from 90001 to my location in VA is $23. FedEx are often cheaper than UPS as well.

Let me look at my tank and figure out how I could place smaller pieces, they may also work, will let you know. Thanks.
I tried USPS first and they wouldnt even touch the box. Said it was too big.

Kathryn Crook

498934AA-39EB-443E-B72E-7A35CB4B058F.jpeg
498934AA-39EB-443E-B72E-7A35CB4B058F.jpeg Oh...cuz of you fishy ppl and your love of branchy manzy, I switched out my tank to try it out...ignore the diazoms and plant melt off from new plantings (tank is only 2 mths old)...heres the “new” look

Sorry bout the dup...internet sucks

abcdefghi
I tried USPS first and they wouldnt even touch the box. Said it was too big.

Wow, that's so strange. I wonder if they have set rules some place, or if it varies office to office.

Kathryn Crook
Wow, that's so strange. I wonder if they have set rules some place, or if it varies office to office.
Ikr? Like 20 years ago, I mailed my entire life from CA to LA and it cost over 4 big boxes about 200 bucks. Today? They won't even touch it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sfsamm
Replies
Views
Jocelyn Adelman
Replies
Views
Sarah73
Replies
Views