Tough Algae On Glass {removal Tips?}

• Thread starter liberosis4170
  • Start date

liberosis4170

IMG_4182 EDIT.jpg

Maybe Green Spot Algae...not sure.
Read a razor blade can do the job...?
At that rate it will take me hours to scrape it all away. ;=;
Stuff doesn't grow, but stays green. Doesn't have spots on plants.
I've tried sponge, plastic scraper, and fingers with textured gloves, but it's still there.
Pretty picture... Feel free to share your algae pictures lol
It's a pain to get the focus past these bitty spots.
Nonetheless, that Puntius Tetrazona looks mighty stunning.

IridescentShark

Oh I had the same problem but it was resolved in less than a week. It wouldn't hurt to have a bristle pleco to help you clean the tank but just buy and add API Stress Zyme which can be bought at any of you're local pet stores and follow the instructions when adding the proper amount.

liberosis4170

any other suggestions from anyone else? (bump)

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
You have my sympathy as green spot algae is very hard and difficult to remove.

I'm using a razor blade as it is the only easy way I've found, but it does result in some scratches which will build up over time.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Use an old bankcard. Be sure you've emptied the account first (not that difficult in our hobby !) hahaha

liberosis4170

Alright, thanks so much you two. I will most likely try every method and I'll update letting you know how it went :]

"Be sure you've emptied the account first (not that difficult in our hobby !) hahaha"
That made me want to laugh and then cry. I wish I would have joined a forum such as this when I started fish-keeping. My experience says two years but if you count novice experimenting I've been doing fish since I was in middle school. Got serious about the hobby not long after I graduated high-school. I tell myself, "no more spending".
came home with me three weeks ago = 14$ HMP male

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
liberosis4170 said:
Alright, thanks so much you two. I will most likely try every method and I'll update letting you know how it went :]

"Be sure you've emptied the account first (not that difficult in our hobby !) hahaha"
That made me want to laugh and then cry. I wish I would have joined a forum such as this when I started fish-keeping. My experience says two years but if you count novice experimenting I've been doing fish since I was in middle school. Got serious about the hobby not long after I graduated high-school. I tell myself, "no more spending".
came home with me three weeks ago = 14$ HMP male
Think about what I've spend then in about 35 year hahahaha. But by use of stuff from nature and adopting / swapping fish and plants I've been saving some money the past years hahahaha.

Top Bottom