Total Noob

Monk420

Going w a 75 gallon live planted tank want to do angle fish n some other not sure what, going with a fluval 406 canister. not sure what lt I want they told me to get this

Current's Orbit Marine PRO LED It's 60w but almost 300$ I wanted to go w this Finnex 24/7 Fixture it's 46w to save money half the price not sure it b bright enought for low light plants what u guys think . Also any advice would or tips would b great
thanks

Aquaphobia

The 406 canister is just strong enough to meet the minimum of 5x filtration of the tank volume so you're safe there.

For low light plants the cheaper one should be fine. I've grown things like Anubias and Java ferns under lights that by rights shouldn't have grown anything at all! Hygrophila species tend to do well under low light, chain swords, other things I can't think of right now. It's doable!

Are you going to cycle the tank beforehand? Have you had angels before?

Monk420

I'm brand new never had anything I'm going to do a fishless cycle

Monk420

My buddy has a tank if I ask him for some Substrate or gravel how much do I need

Aquaphobia

Only a little, but try to get a piece of the filter media if you can. That's where most of the BB is!

Top Bottom