Total Disaster!

1. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

I got 7 Harlequin Rasboras last night. I have been watching them and they are constantly chasing down and biting my Lamb Chop Rasboras.
    I have 7 Harlequins and 4 Lamb Chops as that's all they had at the store.
    They are also picking at each other as well.

Is this normal and will they stop eventually or?

Also my male DG is just constantly chasing his reflection now. It started a bit 3 days ago, but I didn't think anything of it, but now he just cruses along the back and one side of the tank over and over and it appears he is chasing his reflection. Is it because he is stressed?

I tested my water and everything is perfect.

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

What's the pH? Low pH can result in some fish crashing from one side of the tank to the other side.

3. OP
    OP
    O

7.2. It's always 7.2. I also drip acclimated everyone since I don't know what the water was where they came from.

4. OP
    OP
    O

I removed the Harlequins. I'm gonna take them back. They were exhibiting the exact behavior that I hate from Tetras. The Lamb Chops are super peaceful and happy together and with everyone else.

I should also clarify that I've had the Dwarf for about a month and this just started 3 days ago.

5. OP
    OP
    O

Anyone have any ideas what's up with my Gourami?

6. Supreme Sawk

Supreme Sawk Valued Member Member

To be honest with you, you're taking too many steps at once. You haven't even let us help you yet. The harlequins may simply be forming a pecking order with the lamb chops, iirc they will shoal together because they are very similar species, much like neons and cardinals will shoal together because they are very similar. Give them some time to settle in, often species like this will need a few days to a week to form a pecking order and stop being aggressive with each other.

As for the dwarf gourami, I wouldn't know.

7. OP
    OP
    O

I see what you are saying and you could be right. However I went to the store yesterday and got a lot of fish. I have 6 tanks so they didn't all go in the same tank, but I did go a bit overboard on the fish I got for my 29 gal.

I most likely need to return one of the schools of fish anyways. Since the Harlequins were being butts I decided to take them back and stick with the Lamb Chops.

I still would love to know if there is something I can do for my Gourami as he is super awesome and I want him back to his old self if possible.