Tossing around ideas for my future boy (:

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay well I am offically getting ready because I am looking to buy a betta boy in the near future. I currently have a 10 gallon tank up and running with balloon mollys that I plan to move to my larger 29 gallon tank. Do you think 10 gallons is a good ammount for them? I was always told less but I mean I doubt more will hurt right? Then does anyone have any theme ideas? Do they like live plants?

Should I go ahead and divide the tank and put two boys in it?

DelleBelle

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
5 gallon is the optimal size for a male betta, so you could divide the tank, and both boys would be very happy. Live plants are good, because plastic plants can tear their fins. Silk or live plants are the best for their fins.

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Certainly you could divide the tank, 5 gallons is a good space for a betta. That being said, my betta, Schubert, is in a 10 gallon I set up for him and he loves it! I was thinking about dividing it but now he is so happy and spoiled that I am not going to do it. He has a Whisper10I filter, and a stealth heater (I know, a bit fancy for one fish!) Two silk plants that hang down into the water so he has a way to rest near the surface, one ceramic pot for a cave and some decorative rocks and shells. He is constantly making bubble nests in anticipation of some action, which, alas, will not happen! lol! Poor little guy...

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sounds good! What a lucky betta he would be! Let us know when you get one!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads