Tortoises

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi! Went to my lfs this afternoon and after having a look around the fish section noticed there was a new reptile section, so went to take a look. There were a lot of different animals there, but what caught my eye was the tortoises. I asked the man about them and he said they were 4 years old, and explained to me how to look after them a little.

What im wondering is, does anyone know how to look after them properly, and what they need?

I know they need heat and know what they eat etc. but could anyone tell me what kind of tank or whatever they need and what do i put in it?

Also do you know of a forum type site for tortoises?

thanks. I want to find out as much as i can about them, before acctualy getting one.

Gwenz

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Here you go Gwenz and I'm sorry this is your first reply...

anyway, tortoises need a UV light, they need to be given a good source of clean water and plenty of space for the most part. You should also find out if there is a vet in your area who can deal with turtles. There are turtle foods you can buy which are not too expensive though you will want to be prepared to vary their diet a little.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Its ok now, ive found a reptile forum which is realy useful.

Thanks for the links.

Gwenz

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I know a guy who keeps his tortoise in a plastic kiddie pool. He's got sand and a little water bath with a heat/uv lamp and such...Feeds him escarole, radishes, other lettuces...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom