Tornadoes

capekate
Hello Dino and Ross
I have been watching CNN this am about the devastation of the tornado that hit your area of the country. Especially Tennessee!
Are you folks ok down there? :-\

~ kate

≈ D ≈
Wow!! I didn't notice that on the news. I also hope they are safe and sound.

susitna-flower
Dino, IS the fish house standing? I have heard of flying fish...but..that would mess up your spring fling!

Dino
Everything is fine here.
We did have some high winds but no problems.
Butterfly had the same system go thru her area the day before.
I caller her yesterday to make sure all was ok.

susitna-flower
We all need to check on each other.....Right now in AK we are having a HUGE COLD spell, next week it will hit the central us. Watch out Chicago!

Tok reached -70 last night! That was NOT with the wind chill !

All across interior AK it was -40 and colder many recording -55 through -65, and is expected to stay that way for the remainder of the week... It is only +8f here so as usual we are in the Banana Belt .

Tazmiche
Yes US buddies I saw it on BBC news and freaked. Are you all ok over there?!?!

susitna-flower
Actually at my house right now it is +8 f with a slight wind. When we get into these weather patterns we have what is called temperature inversions. The cold temperature goes down, and warm goes up and is trapped up in higher elevations. The cold actually flows like rivers under the higher warmer air. My home is up on a hill above the Susitna river, and it is at least 20 degrees colder just off this hill. It is all OK though as far as I am concerned. The sun is out during the day and that makes me happy.

I am going to feel sorry for the lower 48 though when this cold snap makes it's way down there.

SO much for Global Warming! What do people know anyway..:;sman

Chief_waterchanger
Sorry for not seeing this thread sooner, as Dino said all is fine. Dino called Butterfly and my older bro to make sure they were alright.. (a university campus was hit hard just 20 miles from the university my brother goes to, so we are all lucky. ) (No one died at the hit campus.)

The fish house didn't suffer in yesterday's storms at all. Infact, we don't like storms that strong, but pressure fronts in general tend to make some of our fish spawn.

Lucy
Sorry for not seeing this thread sooner, as Dino said all is fine. Dino called Butterfly and my older bro to make sure they were alright.. (a university campus was hit hard just 20 miles from the university my brother goes to, so we are all lucky. ) (No one died at the hit campus.)

The fish house didn't suffer in yesterday's storms at all. Infact, we don't like storms that strong, but pressure fronts in general tend to make some of our fish spawn.
My daughter's best friend attends the university that was hit. She had called her right away so we knew she was safe.
I kept in touch with my daughter all night, who is at college in the northern part of Tn. She rolled her eyes when I made her pack a weather radio, but it sure came in handy.
We had high winds and hail, rotation was reported but thank God it didn't touch down. My arbor didn't make tho.
I'm glad to hear you all are safe.
All those effected have been in our prayers.

capekate
I'm so relieved to know that you folks are ok down there! ;D
The news was just awful with the aftermath of so many tornado's going through the south. Really freaky at this time of year eh?

~ kate

paswed
I live in Kentucky and it was scary here to had to spend night in basement with kids

COBettaCouple
Glad to hear that you're all ok.

King_Snuggles
We all need to check on each other.....Right now in AK we are having a HUGE COLD spell, next week it will hit the central us. Watch out Chicago!

Tok reached -70 last night! That was NOT with the wind chill !

All across interior AK it was -40 and colder many recording -55 through -65, and is expected to stay that way for the remainder of the week... It is only +8f here so as usual we are in the Banana Belt .

wow forget that. its 80 here in sunny florida. I'm in shorts and flipflops

capekate
wow forget that. its 80 here in sunny florida. I'm in shorts and flipflops
.. ok ... ok don't rub it in! Ahhhhh.. how nice it must be!

~ kate

Angela_96
I was wondering if it hit where Dino lived... I live in the upper part of east tn and we had tornado watches all night that night, and at 7am yesterday morning I got woken up w/ a severe thunderstorm warning (oh how much fun when you are taking your child to school)... luckily though the storm weakend by the time it got to east tn, however we got some really bad wind here!

Butterfly
We had really high winds and rain but no damage. There were tornadoes all around us and the dog and cat weren't too happy about the storm at all. My boss who lives an hour away from work saw funnel clouds on the way home.
Dino thanks for checking on us It was appreciated.
Carol

Angela_96
I am so glad that is all we had! Just wind and rain! After the storms last year, we had a tornado hit just behind our house and flatten a barn in the back yard.... it was so scary! My hubby being a paramedic was called out in the middle of the storm because there were so many homes w/ damage and such... I was a nervous wreck that night! I couldn't imagine what those people went through the other night!

≈ D ≈
I too am glad you are all are safe and sound. I'll sleep better tonight ;D

Chief_waterchanger
Ditto. Everyone's safety is valued greatly. I, for one, am glad to be a part of a fish-loving community that care for one another. Thanks everyone.

Dino
They did however knock out my internet hub in a town about 15 miles away.
So until that gets fixed, my time on line is limited.

Hope this finds everyone well.

Best,
Dino

Akari_32
Glad you were safe during this

Dino
Hugs!!

2 hit about 10 miles south and one hit about 15 miles to the northeast.
Very scary day.

catsma_97504
Stay safe!

Akari_32
Hugs!!

Very scary day.

Wow, that's crazy! Kinda hits home a bit. The city that Hurricane Charley hit the worst is just 15 or 20 minutes away from where my house is (when I'm not at college). Everything was flattened. Even being that young, it had a pretty bug impact on me. The worst that happened to us was our big tree fell over, luckly into the street. Had the wind been blowing the other way, we wouldn't have had a house. We weren't going to evacuate, either. Had we stayed, we wouldn't have any cars.

Lexi03
Hugs!!

Very scary day.

We lucked out, that storm came through MissourI over the weekend, but the worst of it was in the southern part of the state, we just got thunderstorms and patches of hail about the metro area.

tocandesu
glad you are safe Dino! I was in the tornado system(but was not hit, thankfully)

Shawnie
phew! glad you are ok! My thoughts and prayers to all of you affected!

Dino
All praise ceiling cat!

I have my internet back.

I am beyond amazed that got it back this quickly.

Akari_32
Ceiling cat...?

Dino
Oh dear, please google ceiling cat.

Akari_32
Alright then lol Any relation to monorail cat? XD

Dino
Yes, they are distantly related.

Butterfly
Alright then lol Any relation to monorail cat? XD

Only ceiling cat is black

Glad to hear your safe

Dino
We had quite the fright , Carol.
Calhoun, Riceville, Tellico, and Etowah were all damaged to some degree.

HOWsMom
Hugs!!

Very scary day.

WAY too close for comfort !
Glad you're okay.

Only ceiling cat is black

Glad to hear your safe

Ceiling cat is orange.
Basement cat is black !

Dino
Dear dear folks, ceiling cat is white.
Basement cat is black.

WHAT DO they teach in school these days?

Butterfly
We had quite the fright , Carol.
Calhoun, Riceville, Tellico, and Etowah were all damaged to some degree.

I heard there was quite a lot of damage. The the dock at Hales bar marina was found in the middle of the road and I was told Loret Marina was totally destroyed. Y'alls storms just continue to get more severs.
As far as I know all the kids are safe
carol

ops: I sure got that mixed up! Yep ceiling cat is white and basement cat is black

Dino
Glad to hear that, Carol.

I heard somebody say there was over 100 boats destroyed at the Marina.

catsma_97504
WHAT DO they teach in school these days?

Ummm, useful things like math so you can figure out how big your tank is

Ceiling cat, basement cat, etc are all new to me. Must be a mid-west/southern thing???

Akari_32
Ceiling cat is a grey tabby >=3

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
taylorbrettj
Replies
Views
Regal
Replies
Views
Nick G