Tornado Outbreak!!!

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am very nervous today.I have a friend that lives close to where all of the tornados are forming.I haven't heard from her at all and that makes me worried.I am nervous myself because I live in southern Ohio and it's in the severe weather area.The skys look really bad and that scares me.Especially when a tornado just missed my house last year!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I understand. I live in Tn. This time of very is always scary.
Stay safe and keep your weather radio on.

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You too.I'm more nervous about tonight though.There is supposed to be severe thunderstorms:jawdrop:

5:19-There's a tornado watch out for my area!Was anybody in the area that got hit by tornados earlier today?

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
We had tornado watches, rain, thunder, lightening and a little wind.
Thank goodness, that was it

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It seems like it's just starting here.The wind is blowing really hard,thunder,etc.I hope I only experience the same thing as you

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You might want to prepare for a power outtage in case there is one. Type power outage into the forum search engine, and several threads come up about what to do (keep the filter media wet, etc.)

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the reminderI have everything ready for an outage:backup pump,etc.I'll check the threads anyway just to be sure I have everything I need.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It hasn't been too bad in Indiana, aside from some nasty thunder and lightning and heavy rain. My heart goes out to those in Mississippi and on who had those devastating tornadoes. I hate serious weather like this.

Edit: Just as I finished typing this post, a "Tornado Watch" ticker comes across the tv screen.

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am very relieved now.The weather center just said that there will only be thunderstorms and they won't be severeI feel sorry for the Mississippi people too_One of the tornados was an F4 and was expected to be a mile wide!

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow I missed the weather warnings today and usually I am paranoid about severe weather. We had a tornado watch but nothing came of it. Hope you hear from your friend!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom