Torn Tween Three Aquarium Types...opinions Please

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by pagoda, Jun 27, 2019.

1. pagodaValued MemberMember

Scenario......second aquarium needed for Vettel & Hamilton my teenage hooligan Kissing Gourami. They need to be moved due to Vettel's behavioural issues. Currently they are both under 4 inches from nose to tail, I know they have some growing to do.

Problem.....space is at a premium

So I have three choices....

1. Identical aquarium to what I already have, Ciano Aqua 80 (74 litres). Cons....Would have 3 inches either side tween room door and fake fireplace, so am a little nervy about the door opening to far and smacking the aquarium side...Pros....Lovely designed aquarium, easy to take care of, long rectangle.

2. Slightly smaller version of what I already have, Ciano 65 (65 litres). Cons...none really. Pros....would fit better, give more clearance for the door, aquarium is shorter but taller than the normal Ciano 60 which is 54 litres

3. Slightly smaller Aquael Hexset 60 (60 litres), Cons....none really....Pros....beautiful 24 inch tall x 17 inches wide hexagonal aquarium so obviously alot narrower than the Ciano's that are 31 inches and 24 inches respectively

Cost wise, with stand included is pretty much the same for all three aquariums

Stocking wise, the Ciano 80 would have a Gold Algae Eater (not Pleco since Vettel hangs of the tail of existing Pleco in current Ciano 80) plus maybe 6 Harlequin Rasbora/Glowlight Tetra. If either of the smaller aquariums were the chosen one then just the Gold Algae Eater plus maybe 4 Bronze Cory - would cross the stocking bridge when I get to it....bearing in mind that Vettel & Hamilton have some maturing to do.

So I am throwing the decision out to everyone for your thoughts, good, bad and ugly....but if ugly please be gentle ;)

Thank you :)

2. bentazNew MemberMember

Always go for the biggest tank you can fit, I reckon.
    You can get a door stopper to screw to the floor to stop the door opening to far. If its not your house you can find some other way to stop the door.
    Either way get the biggest tank you can!

3. NoboteValued MemberMember

I personally do not like tall hex aquariums, maintenance is harder and I do not like keeping fish that are over 2" long in them.