Torn & Heartbroken :(

Devon
Yesterday, I went to PetCo to try and find some Bio-Spira to start a cycle on a tank I must have ready soon for a new betta I have coming in a couple weeks. I normally refuse to shop there after some very bad experiences with misinformation that was given me there, but the other LFS was not open and I wanted to get it right away.
I know better than to go where the betta cups are at PetCo... because I will end up coming home with an armload of them.
But they had betta cups sitting out in an area there normally aren't any and... there he was.
A stately, somber-looking white CT with brilliant aqua spots on the lower parts of his fins. A gorgeous boy... and miserable-looking. I looked closely at him, felt myself start to get weak, and had to say "sorry" and leave the store.
I can't stop thinking about this betta. I am having a weak moment... I really, really, really want to go back and save him.

WHY do I let myself walk into that darn store!?!? :'(

Fishies-for-me
I say go for it!!

Devon
I think I am going to have to... :/

shellbell4ever
you would be saving a life!!And what's one more

Emg
lol.....sounds like a habit..........

Lucy
Go get him Devon, you know you want to. lol

Allie
Rescue Him!! He sounds cool!

angelfish220
Dont worry. Those voices tell me to do stuff like that all the time!!

You just need to learn to always obey the fish voices. They know what's best!

I say get him!!!

Devon
I ... couldn't resist. I just couldn't leave him there.

I got him.

Pics soon. @_@

MinxMermaid

we're a bunch of enablers for sure!!

get busyhoto:

chickadee
Well where are those pictures?? You know how impatient we are!! Congratulations on the find and we are hoping he is doing well.

Yes those fish voices are loud and clear when it is meant to be.

Rose

Devon
Ten more minutes or so and I will release him into the 2 gallon bowl that he will have to stay in until I get his tank cycled. I am picking up a 10 gallon aquarium tomorrow that he will live in later on.

Devon
Okay Betta Mom Enabelers... may I present the latest addition to my loving home:

Esteban <3

407.jpg

408.jpg

409.jpg

The photos make the turquoise highlights on his finnage look much greener than they really are. He also has little aqua lines right above each eye that look like eyeshadow... and his body is kind of a pearly pink-white... hehe... couldn't capture that in this light.

I am so happy that I don't have to see him in that awful torture cup any more. He is really small, especially sitting there next to David Bowie, who has really filled out nicely... but I took one look at this handsome boy and could see exactly how big and vibrant he can be... so much potential!! I can't wait to get more photos in a couple of months once he's been living in a 10 gallon with a heater and a filter... getting fat on blood worms... ;D

Martinismommy
He is one lucky boy! What a handsome man he is....

Devon
Thank you! I feel bad for him because he is so tiny... skinny and his body only about half the size of Bowie's. Can't wait to get him in the home he deserves... but you can tell he is kind of in awe being able to stretch those pretty fins of his now!

Little Cherry Barb
Aw! Very pretty. Good choice. Almost makes me wish I didn't just lay down all the sand in my 12 gallon.

Martinismommy
There is nothing more rewarding to me than watching a betta come home to my place..The freedom to move and breath and the great food..It is awesome!

0morrokh
Wow he is so pretty (oops I mean handsome ). Glad you rescued him.

chickadee
don't be too surprised if you don't see a tremendous change in his color. Bettas of that particular color type do sometimes fool you and do a huge change when they are properly care for and given good food and vitamins. He may end up looking entirely different but very beautiful (yea, I said beautiful) and entirely stunning nevertheless. Congratulations on a great find and probably a surprise for you later.

Rose

Lucy
He's a lovely color.
I love the first picture where he's looking straight at the camera.....like...'What're doing with that thing?' lol

Congratulations on your new boy.

COBettaCouple
Yea, it's easy to see why you had to bring him home!

welshalien
He's absolutely gorgeous!!!! funny how they worm their way into your thoughts once they've chosen you, isn't it! It'll be fun to see before and after pictures of Esteban.

Kelly

Devon
don't be too surprised if you don't see a tremendous change in his color. Bettas of that particular color type do sometimes fool you and do a huge change when they are properly care for and given good food and vitamins. He may end up looking entirely different but very beautiful (yea, I said beautiful) and entirely stunning nevertheless. Congratulations on a great find and probably a surprise for you later.

Rose

I am betting that he will gain quite a bit of colour and change a great deal... it was part of what made me so sick to think of him trapped at that store, never to realize his potential. I can't wait to see him blossom.

He is the most cautious betta I have met yet. He takes his food very carefully (David Bowie mauls his like he thinks if he doesn't get it in his mouth fast & vicious, it will dart away) and seems to always be looking around and taking in his new surroundings. Will be interesting to see how his personality develops... he seems incredibly smart to me.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RachelNoel
Replies
Views
KimberlyG
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cawafuoshi
Top Bottom