Torch isn't doing so hot

Floundering_Around

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've had this torch coral for almost a year now and it just isn't looking great. I'm not sure what its problem is and no other coral in my tank looks like this. The polyps are super pale and never extend. I don't there's ever been a spot in my tank that it liked. It's currently on the sandbed. The tank is a fluval evo 13.5 with stock lighting, the stock pump, and an aqamai powerhead. Any tips will be appreciated

Attachments

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
Looks nearly dead and covered in hair algae. Hair algae can cause it to die off like that. Is there algae issues elsewhere? What other corals do you have. Torches are a bit more sensitive than your average other LPS corals.

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Are you using rodi water? If so you need a major clean up crew to get on that hair algea. I would pull the torch and scrub the algea off its base

OP
Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Currently getting algae under control throughout the tank; using RODI from my LFS; the tank has three blue legs, 3 turban snails, and 1 nerite as algae CUC.

I'll take it out, give it a scrub (algae grows in between the two stalks and is a pain to remove), and I might even give it a soak in some dip but not at full strength

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
H202 dips help with algea and not stressful on corals

New Threads