Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Torch Coral Not Coming Out Question

Discussion in 'Hard Coral' started by SamAPFish, May 25, 2019.

1. SamAPFish Valued Member Member

Hey, so I just added a new pink torch coral to my aquarium. The coral right now just looks like a ton of small bubbles. Is it dying or is it just acclimating. It looked like this in the lfs.  

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you hope the salty members can help today

3. Magicpenny75 Well Known Member Member

Torches can be temperamental. DId you just add it as in an hour ago or as in a week ago? Give it a day or two to acclimate. Most corals take a little while to adjust to new light/flow patterns. It just looks retracted to me. :) Let us know how it looks in a day or so. I bet whenever your light comes on tomorrow it will look better.

4. SamAPFish Valued Member Member

The coral looks better, but it still is retracted. Should it be taking this long to acclimate. Keep in mind I have sps corals doing fine so it can’t be water quality.

5. grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

I bought what i thought was a a gold torch, however it stayed like yours has. I thought it was because the gold torches are known to be extra finicky. After some research I discovered what I actually have is a grape cristata.   very similar to the torch being from the euphyllia but it is dubbed grape coral because of its short stuby tentacles and balls on the end Maybe yours is one of them ? I had exactly the same experience as you, it looked to be retracted in the shop too.