topic where someone was recently asking about puffers?

lolagurl

Member
I really really like them and just wanted to see again the topic where it talked about them. I forget who it was but she was wondering what fish to get, and people were saying a puffer fish and she really liked it. I didt get to read the whole thread. I ask because I am 9interested in getting one, I forgot if this person said they had a 5 gallon or 10 gallon. If anyone knows which topic this was would be helpful thanmks. Another thing: puffers dwarf puffers are hard to find here, they don't sell them at petcetera and superpet. hmm o well I saw them once a really long time ago but I was too young to be able to take care of a fish like that. ok any help would be great, thanks.
 

capekate

Member
I don't remember but maybe if you check out the fish species section an then look in those posts maybe you will find it? good luck..
~ kate
 
  • Thread Starter

lolagurl

Member
capekate said:
I don't remember but maybe if you check out the fish species section an then look in those posts maybe you will find it? good luck..
~ kate
yea problem is, it didnt start off askina about puffers so I doubt it will be there but ill check. thanx!
 

capekate

Member
Ohh that's too bad... :-\ Well good luck in your search!
 

bbfeckawitts

Member
Hi,
I saw that topic, but I don't know where to find it now. First off, Dwarf puffers require atleast a 5 gallon tank, for ONE. Only tank mates include shrimp, Otocinclus, and KuhlI Loaches sometimes. The only one of those you could fit in a five gallon is shrimp, and its basically a 50/50 chance he will kill them. They need a heavily planted tank. If you got a 10 gallon you could fit 3 Dwarfs in it, but it must be VERY heavily planted once again. Here is a good website on them, the people on the forum are very helpful.
Hope this helped you, they are a great choice, if the tank is done right. They have so much personality, in a low-planted tank they will pace back/forth, up/down at the tank walls because of boredom.
Brianna
 
  • Thread Starter

lolagurl

Member
o thank you very much!
 
  • Thread Starter

lolagurl

Member
I know I think they are so adorable I have a 5 gallon so I think I will put one in there..maybe get a shrimp see how it goes..I think your getting one to aren't you..they are so cute.
 

bbfeckawitts

Member
Yes I am
They are a great choice. I am also going to get some shrimp and see how it goes. It is a good idea to start with Ghost Shrimp which are very cheap, then if they don't kill those you can add some more expensive shrimps. Good luck, I'd love to see pictures!
 

COBettaCouple

Member
Do you have a petsmart? We were at one in Jacksonville, FL yesterday and they were selling the cute little dwarf puffers (1.5" adult size) there. I was really tempted to get 1 or 2.
 
  • Thread Starter

lolagurl

Member
oh I am so excited..I'm getting one tday. when are you getting your what does it eat?
the store where I'm getting them they call them pea puffers
 

bbfeckawitts

Member
I'm getting mine in a couple months. They eat frozen bloodworms and "pest" snails.
 

griffin

Member
did you get your puffer yet?

they are so full of personality! especially for such a small fish
 

armadillo

Member
bbfeckawitts said:
Hi,
I saw that topic, but I don't know where to find it now. First off, Dwarf puffers require atleast a 5 gallon tank, for ONE. Only tank mates include shrimp, Otocinclus, and KuhlI Loaches sometimes. The only one of those you could fit in a five gallon is shrimp, and its basically a 50/50 chance he will kill them. They need a heavily planted tank. If you got a 10 gallon you could fit 3 Dwarfs in it, but it must be VERY heavily planted once again. Here is a good website on them, the people on the forum are very helpful.
Hope this helped you, they are a great choice, if the tank is done right. They have so much personality, in a low-planted tank they will pace back/forth, up/down at the tank walls because of boredom.
Brianna
I came across that link too, and found it so useful and informative.

Did you get your puffer in the end, LolaGurl?
 
  • Thread Starter

lolagurl

Member
armadillo said:
bbfeckawitts said:
Hi,
I saw that topic, but I don't know where to find it now. First off, Dwarf puffers require atleast a 5 gallon tank, for ONE. Only tank mates include shrimp, Otocinclus, and KuhlI Loaches sometimes. The only one of those you could fit in a five gallon is shrimp, and its basically a 50/50 chance he will kill them. They need a heavily planted tank. If you got a 10 gallon you could fit 3 Dwarfs in it, but it must be VERY heavily planted once again. Here is a good website on them, the people on the forum are very helpful.
Hope this helped you, they are a great choice, if the tank is done right. They have so much personality, in a low-planted tank they will pace back/forth, up/down at the tank walls because of boredom.
Brianna
I came across that link too, and found it so useful and informative.

Did you get your puffer in the end, LolaGurl?
o yea, and hes doing great!
 

COBettaCouple

Member
what's his name? do you have pics?
 

armadillo

Member
Oh yeah, I'd really love to see pictures of him (again and again). I think they're so cute. Why not post them on .

Armadillo
CMFP - Campaigner for More Fish Pix
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom