topdogsellers

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by potatos, Mar 24, 2010.

1. p

potatos Valued Member Member

2. treve

treve Valued Member Member

I have purchased two light fixtures from that seller,they are:
    4 x 54w ho fixture & 2 x 54w ho freshwater fixture.
    I am very happy with my fixtures the delivery was quick and when they arrived I got my screwdriver opened and inspected and all was good with them.
    They dont over heat and to me they are as good as any other fixture I owned.
    I also went on to e-bay and read alot of the reviews about TOPDOGSELLERS and the fixtures I was interested that they sold and all the feedback was positive.They are a power seller so do sell alot of fixtures.

3. OP
    OP
    p

Awesome i am glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply. i was suspicious of their low prices, but i guess they are still decent quality, especially for the price. did they come with a warranty of any kind? or a brand/logo that can ID the manufacturer of the fixtures?

4. blasto172

blasto172 Valued Member Member

Got a 48" fixture from them today

Ordered one of there 48" HO fixtures on the 25th, shipped on the 29th, and had it delivered today via ups. As far as the light goes I don't think I can really complain about it considering the price. The quality is surprising good and the only gripe I could make is that I had to fix one of the legs. theres a metal clip that is screwed on to the plastic leg (the clip is what slides into a channel on the back of the lamp); when it was assembled the screw head was cobbed out and never screwed into the clip. Luckily the screw is both a slotted and a Phillips so I was able to reassemble it.

On the down side UPS broke the bulbs during shipping. So I had to run out to my LFS and buy 2 Life-Glo bulbs, they cost as much as the fixture :mad:. Also had to completely disassemble the light and clean out all of the glass shards and residue. I already have a claim on file so hopefully I get the 55 bucks back. I think I know why they offer no warranty on the free Items (the bulbs and the legs).

Also while there were no manufactures markings on the light, the bulbs were Odyssea. So one could assume there the maker.

I'll post pics of the light tomm.

5. OP
    OP
    p

thanks for the reply. Mine arrived today intact. My tank is 30" but the light is 24", but i will simply get a glass hood and lay it on top as treve has done. Now we just need to see how long the light will last lol. will this light (48watt) allow the growth of medium or bright plants in my 18" tall 29 gallon tank?

6. blasto172

well good news. sent topdogsellers pics of the broken bulbs, got an email back today that they have settled a claim w ups and are sending me new bulbs. I have to admit I'm happily surprised with both the quality of there product and there customer service. Anyone else thinking of buying from them, stop thinking and pull the trigger. Guess I wont have to worry about buying the next set.

7. T

Tanman19az Valued Member Member

Dang! They dont have a 30 inch dual light fixture just a quad. I would have pulled the trigger on that one cuz these prices are nice!

8. OP
    OP
    p

they get new stuff in all the time, check back once a week and you should find them soon enough. i am very happy with my lights. the 30" was twice as expensive, so i got the 24" and i lay it on my glass hood. works great

9. blasto172

pics of the unboxing of my 48" T5HO fixture

thought I'd post some pics of the light and how it was packed for those interested in buying from them. I'll hopefully get around to posting some pics of the light in action soon.

The outer box, I.E. the manufactures box, theres a sicker on the front that constitutes as the user manual.
    [​IMG]

Opened up to find 2 more boxes inside
    [​IMG]

The light fully wrapped in bubble wrap
    [​IMG]

the legs
    [​IMG]

Ahh thank you UPS. there was a effort made to protect the bulbs, you can see 2 strips of bubble wrap in the middle.
    [​IMG]

The metal housing in its 2 half's with the plastic end caps and reflector removed (had to disassemble the light to get all the glass and residue out of the lamp).
    [​IMG]

a blurry close up of the ballast and associated wiring.
    [​IMG]

10. OP
    OP
    p

excellent photos, thanks. The only problem i had, was that they do not supply a graph of the spectrum of light from the bulbs.

11. blasto172

More pics

As promised pics of the light on the tank. And for potatos some pics of the box that my replacement bulbs.

My baby, Gotta say the light make a world of difference; and I'm never going back to single T8 lights
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still trying to decide if I want to use 3 lunar lights/links or just 2, when I do I'll use on command strips to attach them and secure the cord.
    [​IMG]

The odysea bulb
    [​IMG]

Not sure if it was a miss print, product change, or they cheaped out and used old boxes but they covered 12000k with a 6700k sticker.
    [​IMG]

And finally potatoes xmas present :;shat, a light temp chart thats smaller than a stamp. I was going to scan the box but couldn't get my old scanner drivers to work with xp. I'll take another stab at it later. Of coarse with the box relabeled I cant say for sure that the chart represents the actual bulb.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  12. T

Tanman19az Valued Member Member

I just bought a 48 inch light fixture from them and it's amazing! Thanks topdogsellers for the awesome lighting and cheap price!

13. d

dxs2104 New Member Member

I would just like to say I bought the 30" 4x 24W T5HO from Topdogsellers also. They shipped it out same day I ordered and I had it within a week, no broken bulbs or anything. Working great so far! Only using 48W of it though, going to be getting some new plants soon and see how well it works.

Took me a little while to figure out the bracket though. :)

14. S

S13NismoStyle New Member Member

Blasto172: Could you possible measure from the top of your tank to the top of the light fixture you purchased? I am thinking about getting this same fixture but I want to make sure it will fit inside of my canopy. Thanks

-Chris

15. blasto172

its just under 3 in from the bottom of the light to the inner rim of the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice