Top-up recommendations?

gloryofthe80s

Hello all,

Does anyone have any recommendations on a freshwater top up system?

Given how hot it seems to get over summery now, I've decided I want to add one.

Cheers,
Andy

Flyfisha

Hi ,
Before I started using lids on tanks I had evaporation issues in the Australian summer.
But how simple is it to just top up from a bucket of conditioned water with a plastic jug?

What are you looking for ? , some kind of auto system?

Adding an air stone or an airline of some sort is the most important thing you can do for fish in hot weather as a lack of oxygen is a possibility.

Upvote 0

Gernader

Do you want some recommendations for auto top off?

Upvote 0

Rcslade124

I don't know what you can get in Europe. But I assume about the same as here tunze 3155 is highly recommended by people.

I had a cover on my aquarium my evaporation was much less but I decided to take it off so the tank could pull more oxygen in and keep pH as high as possible

Upvote 0

Gernader

Yep, I was going to say that Tunze 3155 is the best ATO. It’s recommended by BRS and many reefers!

Upvote 0

Rcslade124

I'm thinking about a reefbreeders prizim but idk if they are available in Europe.

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

Well I have seen it all now.Perhaps I learnt something today?

Do you need to run two of those Tunze 3155 units?

What happens when the water in the reservoir evaporates? Do you have another unit to pump water into the reservoir from another reservoir?

Upvote 0

Rcslade124

U refill reservoir with rodi water and just refill when it gets low. This is mainly used for saltwater aquariums. When heaters work water evaporates and salt doesn't. It's one pump in reservoir. The only place in an aquarium with a sump you see evaporation is return pump section.

Upvote 0

AquaPhilNJ

I use Innovative Marine AUQA GADGET TITANIUM HYDROFILL ATO CONTROLLER, been running 4 years strong.

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

Hey Rcslade124,
That could be handy with a sump in a salt water tank ? I think I always understood exactly how it works ?

Sorry my Statement/question/ about needing multiple units to top up multiple reservoirs ? That’s Aussie sarcasm. I will be more careful using sarcasm in this forum in the future . Sorry it doesn’t translate well to another culture.

Upvote 0

Rcslade124

Hey Rcslade124,
That could be handy with a sump in a salt water tank ? I think I always understood exactly how it works ?

Sorry my Statement/question/ about needing multiple units to top up multiple reservoirs ? That’s Aussie sarcasm. I will be more careful using sarcasm in this forum in the future . Sorry it doesn’t translate well to another culture.
Ah I gotcha. I don't mind sarcasm lol just a little confused.

Upvote 0

kanzekatores

ATO using float switch like tunze work well but can get confused if a snail or something else goes on it. When I was looking into ato systems the auto aqua smart looked like a good one. I just do manual top-off though so I don't know

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Tallen78
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fishfriendof315
  • Question
Replies