Top Fin Power Head With Air Regulator

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by JRS, Apr 7, 2017.

1. JRS

JRSWell Known MemberMember

I have a Top Fin Power Head with the Air Regulator. My question is when I first put it on, there were a lot of bubbles forming. As time has gone by, the first inch or so of the air tubing has water in it. Is this nomal (I am not seeing many bubbles now)?

2. AvalancheDave

AvalancheDaveWell Known MemberMember

Is there an air filter at the end? It might be clogged. Sometimes these venturi fittings also have an airflow adjustment.

3. OP
    OP
    JRS

20170407_155431.jpg20170407_155521.jpg

The top is the end of the air hose. It has no adjustment and I did check and it isn't clogged.
    The bottom shows the water level in the air hose that is attached to the power head.

Maybe the pictures will help better than my trying to explain. :)
    Thank you!

4. AvalancheDave

The ones I have experience with are Maxi-jets. They have a little plastic sphere on the end with two halves that could rotate. That adjusted the amount of air. If I disassembled it completely there was a little cotton pellet in there. Yours could also be blocked at the junction to the powerhead. It really looks like its air supply is getting choked off.

5. OP
    OP
    JRS

Maybe I will just take it out and take it apart and see what I find. Thank you for you help.

6. OP
    OP
    JRS

BTW. I took it out and noticed the end does turn to allow more or less air. Wasn't the issue, i think when I turned it off once during a water change water got in the air tube. Cleaned it out and has worked perfectly since. Just wanted to give thanks for the help.

7. AvalancheDave

I'm glad you sorted it out. Sometimes you just have to disassemble things. Sometimes that leads to bigger problems though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice