Top Fin Power Filter

Joe G

Reaction score
Product/Service: Top Fin Power Filter

Description: for tanks from 10 US gallons to 60 Us gallons. comes with a BioBagand sponge pad

Pros: adjustable flow rates , Silent, easy to clean and maintain

Cons:  none to mention as of yet .

AlfaBetta

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that the smallest Topfin HOB doesn't have flow control. I think that is the 10 gallon model.

fishaquarist

Reaction score
the newer ones do. I used to work at petsmart about 3 months ago. it may seem good for now but after working at a petsmart for 3 years I lost count at how many top fin products were brought back bc they didnt work lol. my one primary job when I worked in with the fish was to test filters that customers brought back. I spent on an 8 hour shift looking at and fixing filters for about 2-3 hours a day. generally the motor will overheat, the impeller snaps, I had one where a few fry got sucked up it and it completley screwed the entire filter over and that's a few guppy fry like just free swimming. personally I wouldnt buy topfin filters even though they have a lifetime guarentee. I would go with something else that petsmart sells like aquaclear, fluval, whisper they may have limited warranties but petsmart doesn't use those warranties they will return it even without a reciept. just a heads up they may be cheaper but you get what you paid for

New Threads