Top Fin Enchant Aquarium - Which Tank Should I Get?

LagerthaM

HI everyone! I was wondering which of these fish tanks you guys think is the best and that I should buy? I like certain qualities from all of them, and I am having a hard time making up my mind about which one I should buy. The tank will be a present for one of my friends who has mentioned wanting to get a pet betta, which will be the only fish in the tank, hence why the tanks I am looking at are a bit smaller. Here are the tanks that I have been looking at and if anyone has any other tank options or recommendations I would love to hear them!

2. Top Fin® Enchant Aquarium - 3.5 Gallon | fish Starter Kits

3. Top Fin® Imagine Aquarium Kit | fish Starter Kits (Divider is removable and I only plan to buy her one fish so it would be 5 gallons undivided)

4. Top Fin® Essentials Aquarium Starter Kit | fish Starter Kits

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
If I had to choose one I would go with #4 the 5 gallon. But if I could make a suggestion for a little more money you could get a beauty of a tank ( IMO anyways ) It has a built in LED under the waterfall of the internal filter which doesn't take up much space at the back of the tank. Just another tank to think about!

Diane 007

Well Known
HI everyone! I was wondering which of these fish tanks you guys think is the best and that I should buy? I like certain qualities from all of them, and I am having a hard time making up my mind about which one I should buy. The tank will be a present for one of my friends who has mentioned wanting to get a pet betta, which will be the only fish in the tank, hence why the tanks I am looking at are a bit smaller. Here are the tanks that I have been looking at and if anyone has any other tank options or recommendations I would love to hear them!

2. Top Fin® Enchant Aquarium - 3.5 Gallon | fish Starter Kits

3. Top Fin® Imagine Aquarium Kit | fish Starter Kits

4. Top Fin® Essentials Aquarium Starter Kit | fish Starter Kits
#4 it's at least a 5 gallon...bigger is always better! IMO

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Personally leaning towards the Top Fin Essentials Starter Kit, simply because it comes with the most add ons and is pleasant to look at, as well as those attributes I have had troubles with tanks with a near-circular structure before stressing out my fish, and generally making observing the fish a bit harder.

Crimson_687

Well Known
get the 5.5 gallon. They’re currently having a sale for treats members so you can get it for 23$. Being a Treats member is free and only requires an email or phone number. The aquarium is glass, comes with a power filter, hood, LED and a decent thermometer. If you download the Petsmart app and play the game you can also get a 20% percent off coupon, which means you can get it for 18$.

OP
L

LagerthaM

If I had to choose one I would go with #4 the 5 gallon. But if I could make a suggestion for a little more money you could get a beauty of a tank ( IMO anyways ) It has a built in LED under the waterfall of the internal filter which doesn't take up much space at the back of the tank. Just another tank to think about!
It's out of my budget, but I love it! It is such a cute tank.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
It's out of my budget, but I love it! It is such a cute tank.
Yes I love mine! it's what got me back into this wonderful hobby almost 3 years ago

OP
L

LagerthaM

Personally leaning towards the Top Fin Essentials Starter Kit, simply because it comes with the most add ons and is pleasant to look at, as well as those attributes I have had troubles with tanks with a near-circular structure before stressing out my fish, and generally making observing the fish a bit harder.
get the 5.5 gallon. They’re currently having a sale for treats members so you can get it for 23$. Being a Treats member is free and only requires an email or phone number. The aquarium is glass, comes with a power filter, hood, LED and a decent thermometer. If you download the Petsmart app and play the game you can also get a 20% percent off coupon, which means you can get it for 18$.
That is awesome! Thank you for all the advice, that tank was also my first pic, but I wanted to make sure it was the right choice.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
My vote is the 5.5 Top Fin starter kit.

We actually have the same one in our kid's room.

It has an all glass bottom. The other tanks I believe have plastic bottoms.

To me, the 5.5 all glass tank would be less likely to leak.

The filter is good because it has an adjustable flow.

I tossed the cartridge. In its place is a block of foam sponge, plus little bag of Fluval bio-max, a found at PetSmart.

You can even put a little sponge prefilter on the intake strainer, to ensure the betta find don't het caught, it will be a good place for additional beneficial bacteria to colonize and will catch all the large muck as the water goes into the filter. That will keep the media in the reservoir cleaner.

We used acrylic arts and crafts paint to paint the back glass of the 5.5g tank. It turned out nice and the little kit has been going strong for the past 6 months.

Crimson_687 has a good tip for the 20% off coupon. I just discovered that here on the forum only recently.

Rcslade124

Well Known
I got the top fin 5.5. Only downfall is no heater. I love it my betta loves it. But with the treats and 20% off you can buy a heater to put in it for around the 23$. I got an aqueon preset heater. But def a better tank imo than the rest

Crimson_687

Well Known
I got the top fin 5.5. Only downfall is no heater. I love it my betta loves it. But with the treats and 20% off you can buy a heater to put in it for around the 23$. I got an aqueon preset heater. But def a better tank imo than the rest
I actually find my betta does not need a heater bc our room temp is 79, and during the winter I move the tank to a warmer part of the house.

Depending on where you live tho, you’ll most likely need that heater

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Amcdonald58
Replies
Views
midnamoondog
Replies