Top Fin Bacteria Starter?

Discussion in 'Meds, Additives and Supplements Reviews' started by ETNsilverstar, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ETNsilverstarWell Known MemberMember

Has anyone used and had success with the Top Fin Bacteria Starter? It was recommended at the pet store, but I'm not seeing any changes, so I'm not sure if it's not working or it just take a little bit for a noticeable change.

2. RavenahraValued MemberMember

I tried it and it didnt work for me. Neither did Marineland. The only one that worked for me us tetra safestart plus

3. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

That's.cause TSS and Dr.Tim's one and only (and one other) are the only ones that. contain the real Beneficial Bacteria that are involved in the natural cycle.

The other brands are other temporary living bacteria (heterotrophic) that only buy time.

4. NYFishGuyWell Known MemberMember

5. ETNsilverstarWell Known MemberMember

I've been using it with every water change. Sunday night ammonia was about 1 ppm with 0 nitrite, and last night after a water change it was the same. I've been doing daily water changes for about a week now to keep the ammonia down. I didn't do a liquid test for pH before, but the strip said somewhere between 7.5 and 8. Last night the liquid test said 8. I only have one goldfish right now, and he's not very big yet. I've been skipping feedings as well to keep ammonia down and he's not really eating anything anyway.

I was hoping this was good since it was recommended, but it sounds like I'll need to pick up some TSS on my way home from work.