Top Fin Asst Bulbs

jennalynnj

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bought these bulbs a few weeks ago. I thought it was a good way to get a few plants for cheaper lol. Well.. first off, I am guessing the small petsmart in the only "big" town near me probably had them for way too long.. anyways they just grew slimy fungus (?) So i took them out of the tank and put them in a cup of water instead just to give it the old college try for the 30 days guarantee. No growth obviously. I will send them back and get the free replacements, BUT after, ya know, actually researching the plants, they may not work very well in my low tech 10 gallon or low tech 5 gallon anyways :.( there is a dwarf lily, a water onion and an apongeton. I really bought it for the water lily. From what I understand, the onion won't even grow long term submersed, and both it and the apongeton will be too big and needy for my small, no CO2, low light tanks. So I may be giving those away, but do you think I can make the water lily work? I am okay with the maintenance of it all, and if growth is slower that is okay to. Has anyone here grown a lily from a bulb in a low tech tank? As far as bulbs go, anything extra I should do while it is just starting? I know, I know I should stick to the beginner stuff.. I just don't want to waste what I already have (well actually all I HAVE is a dead mushy bulb lol)

ShamFish97

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I put all three in my well lit 55 gallons, as well as my established 10g at work. None of them sprouted. I tried 3 separate packs. I emailed their support and have received no response. Not worth. You have a 1 in 50 chance of getting them to sprout imo.

jennalynnj

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Darn... oh well, they were like 5 bucks... i ALMOST bought some seeds online to do a dry start too, which I now know is basically a scam. I have learned my lesson to research everything now, and then research again!

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 35 63.6%

Top Bottom