Top Fin Aquaponics Tank Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I recently bought a Top Fin Aquaponics 5 gal for my Betta, and I noticed there were one inch gaps on each side of the length. I've heard about Betta's hopping out of the water, will these gaps be bad? Could I simply cover it up with some plastic wrap or something similar?

In addition, how often will I be needing to do a water change? Does an aquaponic tank require a normal weekly water change schedule, or will I only need to change when nitrates go up? Will I still need to vacuum the gravel weekly? All the articles I've read mention different and I was hoping somebody else here owned the same tank could help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Giul

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’m not sure about the water changes but the plastic wrap sounds like a great solution for the gap

Giul

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You’re welcome

skilletlicker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
In addition, how often will I be needing to do a water change? Does an aquaponic tank require a normal weekly water change schedule, or will I only need to change when go up? Will I still need to the weekly? All the articles I've read mention different and I was hoping somebody else here owned the same tank could help me out!
  1. Good luck.
  2. Take good care of your fish.
  3. Have fun.
I have a small aquaponic system, 20+gallons. The answer to nearly every aquaponics question begins with, "It depends...", but:
  • Yes, you should plan on doing water changes as often as necessary to keep healthy water for your fish and plants but especially for the fish. Nitrates aren't the only consideration.
  • Yes, you will need to vacuum. Weekly? I dunno.
I will resist the temptation to comment further. I don't "own the same tank" after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 35.7%

Top Bottom