Too much Water Conditioner affect test kit readings?

Ayers
HI all! Currently trying to get control of water peramiters of a unstocked tank. I usually just do quick math in my head of how much I’m adding and overpour just in case. Was wondering if putting too much conditioner would affect any of my numbers or was unhealthy for fishes during water changes when tank is stocked? Looked on google and saw conflicting answers. Thanks!

psalm18.2
I do enough for the whole tank and I use Prime.

Ayers
I do enough for the whole tank and I use Prime.

Well that math would definitely be easier! :::face palm:::: I usually add product per gallon of water change.

Jellibeen
So is it okay to add enough conditioner for the whole tank? I do a similar process where I add per gallon of new water into the bucket of tap water. I had to do some math to figure out how much to add per gallon, and it’s a weird measurement. I use a syringe to get the correct amount.

Lunnietic
Matters what water conditioners we are talking about.

Gone
I've always used Prime. When starting out I put replacement water into a bucket and treated for the amount in the bucket. Along the way I changed my procedure to refilling the tanks with a garden hose, and treated for the entire tank. I never had any problem with either method.

finnipper59
I use AmQuel as my water conditioner.It removes chlorine and chloramine, detoxifies ammonia, and rids the water of built up pheromones produced by dominant fish. No more bullied fish hiding in corners and no more Angelfish fights.

Jellibeen
Matters what water conditioners we are talking about.
I use API tap water conditioner.

Fashooga
I use the API stress coat as my conditioner.

I put it in a spray bottle. One pump = 10mg...I did the work of figuring it out. I just spray it into the tank, so 10 gallons I use 10-15 pumps from the spray...

Dch48
Personally, I use nothing but 2 drops of TopFin dechlorinator per gallon of new water. There are reports of AmQuel killing fish and corals within days. There are also some very positive reports.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
flyinGourami
Replies
Views
dmk164
Replies
Views
Junne
Replies
Views