Too Much Poop

Marta Z.

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone..

So I have a 20 gal with 1 silver Molly, 1 albino Cory Catfish and 1 pleco, I regularly do 30% water changes every week and do my cleanup. But last few weeks I've been sucking out massive piles of poop more often (no water change just vacuuming out poop). I haven't feed them anytgi g diff or changed the amount of food.. need help on y they are pooping so much
152657697837618377459.jpg
20180517_124413.jpg
20180517_124407.jpg
20180517_124417.jpg

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Plecos are big poopers, unfortunately that is just their way. Having a pleco in a tank that size may necessitate a lot cleaning. What type of pleco?

You have some stocking issues, if you want to discuss them, I'm sure someone on the forum would oblige.

Marta Z.

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mazeus said:
Plecos are big poopers, unfortunately that is just their way. Having a pleco in a tank that size may necessitate a lot cleaning. What type of pleco?

You have some stocking issues, if you want to discuss them, I'm sure someone on the forum would oblige.

I've had the Molly n Common Pleco for 2 yrs and the catfish for about 3 months...never was there this much poop EVERYWHERE!!

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
what kind of pleco do you have? you have some issues with stocking, but you asked about poop so.
edit: get rid of the common pleco right now please! they get 1-2 feet long and the poop only gets worse. add more cories and remove the pleco.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree get a nice group of 6 corys and then you could get some more fish for the mid and top levels of the aquarium. Pleco will soon become too big to turn around in your aquarium, I'd rehome him.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom