Too much noise??? 75 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by treve, Mar 24, 2010.

1. treve

treveValued MemberMember

When it comes to my fish my wife will always give in to what I want for she knows how much I love them and take care of them.
    But she is no happy with the noise coming from my 75 gallon tank I have emperors 400 and 280 and to me its a light noise that I am use to but my wife thinks it is too much.I know every hob filter makes some noise but is there any that makes less noise than the emperors?I would like to keep my wife happy and get something quiter that does not end up being too expensive.
    I have only used Marineland penguin and emperors so dont know to much about aqua clear filters or others.

Any advice would really be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. 10gallonmadnessValued MemberMember

AquaClears are super quiet but I want to help out reducing the noise in the Emperor before you go out and buy a whole new filter. What kind of noise do you mean? Is it the noise of the water running out of the filter or is it the motor?

3. OP
    OP
    treve

treveValued MemberMember

It is the motor, and I have taken them apart cleaned them and maintained all my filters at least once a month.
    Honestly I dont find them to be too noisey just the motor but my wife does find it loud?

4. 10gallonmadnessValued MemberMember

Did you try SLIGHTY moving the impeller up or down? Sometimes this helps.

5. OP
    OP
    treve

treveValued MemberMember

yep, nothing I have not done except maybe replacing the impeller ?

6. 10gallonmadnessValued MemberMember

Hmm... Maybe downgrading the impeller ???

7. OP
    OP
    treve

treveValued MemberMember

will try if it works, how?

Thank you

8. 10gallonmadnessValued MemberMember

No problem :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice