Too Much Light?

MatthewContri

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I currently have.the 24 inch Finnex 24/7 LED Planted light for my 60 gal corner bow front planted tank. It just doesn't seem light there is enough light. If I get another one to go with the current one could all that light burn the plants?

candiedragon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Unlikely, unless the new light has a much more intense light than your current one.

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How deep is your tank? I'm assuming around 21-24 inches? A finnex 24/7 has a PAR rating of 48 PAR at 21 inch depth, or a PAR of 40 at a 24 inch depth. Which places your tank well into the "medium" lighting range. PAR is the important rating when it comes to how effective a light is with plants. Which doesn't really apply to "brightness"...at least how our eyes perceive it anyways. If you get another of the same light you will be at 80 plus PAR rating which would be considered high lighting and CO2 would be advisable at that point.

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well in that case get that other light! If you get another one you'll be in the high lighting range which is what you should have if you're running CO2 anyways. The Beamswork DA FSPEC LED light is a nice budget LED with an impressive PAR rating for the price if you don't want to shovel out the price for another finnex. I don't recall the exact PAR but it comes in just under the Finnex 24/7 at a substantially less price. I use two Beamswork LED's on my tank. One is a 6500K model the other is the 10,000K model. I'm in the high lighting range and I have been happy with them..

New Threads