Too Much Hornwort For Betta?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by neongirl, Apr 12, 2017.

1. n

neongirl Valued Member Member

I recently redid my betta's 10 gallon tank. I have a big bunch of hornwort sort of just floating in the middle of the tank right now. My betta seems to like swimming through it/resting on it. I'm just wondering if it's taking up too much space or if I should try to anchor it to one side so he has more room to swim. Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Firstly, I like your tank design! The two-tone substrate is cool. And your Betta has very beautiful long fins (slightly jealous, but i do love my plakat :p).
    As long as your Betta isn't constantly swimming and needs the extra space (in juxtaposition to a schooling fish for example) the amount you have is fine. Feel free to thin it out if you want, but I believe it's not necessary. (that stuff grows FAST anyhow)

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. OP
    OP
    n

neongirl Valued Member Member

Thank you!! Yes it really does grow super fast, that whole bunch was actually taken out of my 40 gallon because it is currently overtaking that tank lol

4. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

Hornwort grows very fast. If it grows more, then you can trim its branches.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice