Question Too much for a 20 gallon?

Hugooo

Reaction score
Hello experts (and amateurs;)),

Right now, I am raising 12 black molly fry in my 10-gallon aquarium. I have two of those breeding trap thingies; six in one and six in the other. I am planning to move them very soon, but I do not know whether I will keep them in my available aquarium or sell them on something like Facebook. Back to the available aquarium: I currently have an empty 20-gallon aquarium (hamsters, anyone?) and I was wondering whether I could permanently keep my 12 black mollies in there permanently. Is this stocking too much? Should I sell them? I'm pretty sure I might be expecting black molly fry again based on my situation, so I'm not too concerned. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
12 would be too much.

Id do max 6 of same gender with good filtration. Mollies get fairly large.

Id keep the ones of the same gender that you like best and find homes for the rest.

Bettafish1

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hugooo said:
Hello experts (and amateurs;)),

Right now, I am raising 12 black molly fry in my 10-gallon aquarium. I have two of those breeding trap thingies; six in one and six in the other. I am planning to move them very soon, but I do not know whether I will keep them in my available aquarium or sell them on something like Facebook. Back to the available aquarium: I currently have an empty 20-gallon aquarium (hamsters, anyone?) and I was wondering whether I could permanently keep my 12 black mollies in there permanently. Is this stocking too much? Should I sell them? I'm pretty sure I might be expecting black molly fry again based on my situation, so I'm not too concerned. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Google says 6 in a 20 gallon. You could try keeping them all in there but you would have to be on top of your water changes. And no tank mates. imo 6 would be better

New Threads