Too Much For 75 Gallon?

redman77

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've been thinking about getting some larger fish for my 75 gallon. I'm having trouble deciding between Denison Barbs and BosemanI Rainbow fish. Could my tank handle 6 of both?

Details:
Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A school of either species would probably do great. I don't think it would be a good idea to add both species at the same time.
Get one species established. Make the appropriate stock & aquascaping adjustments that almost always occur. Then add the second species if you still want to give it a go.

OP
redman77

redman77

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A201 said:
A school of either species would probably do great. I don't think it would be a good idea to add both species at the same time.
Get one species established. Make the appropriate stock & aquascaping adjustments that almost always occur. Then add the second species if you still want to give it a go.
I appreciate the advice. I definitely won't stock both at the same time. I just wanted to make sure I'm not being absurd in thinking about this setup.

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wouldn't get both since they are both quite large fish and should be kept in groups. 6 is the minimum but more is better. I would pick the boesmanI rainbows. They like the warm water that GBR and rummynoses need. The barbs prefer 62-73f though they can handle a slightly wider range. I would get 8-10 rainbows and get a few more tetras.

New Threads