Too many fish?

PaulThaAsian

I have a 10G tank with 4 Endlers and 3 nerites. How many more fish/inverts am I able to add? I was thinking white clouds and shrimp. I know people live by the 1 inch rule and others have different opinions. Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

EdieBadedie

I wouldn't add another type of fish, but you could get some shrimp. I would just add more endlers. But be prepared for them to breed.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

I think you could add up to 3 more endlers, shrimp and that's it. Are they all males or all females? If you have some of both you'll soon be over stocked. White clouds need very cold temps and need a school of at least 6, and imo you don't have room for that.

Upvote 0

Chris1212

Definitely try amano shrimp. We added three to our Platy/Swordtail (and now one Bolivian) tank and they are funny to watch. Rarely backdown when a fish is close by and they eat any and all leftovers.

Upvote 0

RayClem

If you four Endlers consist of both males and females, I suspect you will soon have more than enough fish in your tank. All livebearers tend to breed easily and often.

Upvote 0

PaulThaAsian

I should have mentioned I have all Males. I'm still trying to figure out the whole centerpiece fish kind of thing. I know a lot of folks have a betta and other smaller fish.

Upvote 0

RayClem

I should have mentioned I have all Males. I'm still trying to figure out the whole centerpiece fish kind of thing. I know a lot of folks have a betta and other smaller fish.

A 10 gallon tank is not big enough for most "centerpiece" fish. A betta is one of the few exceptions since it is a labyrinth fish that can breath air from the surface. You should be able to add a betta along with your 4 males Endlers. If they get along well, you might be able to add another couple of male Endlers or a couple of Otocinclus algae eaters. Be careful not to overcrowd the tank as your betta could become aggressive if it feels threatened.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

I wouldn't do any more than one betta and 3 more endlers or a snail

Upvote 0

FoldedCheese

I wouldn't do any more than one betta and 3 more endlers or a snail

^ And that's IF you can find a peaceful betta who also isn't stressed out by tankmates in an aquarium that small.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
PaulThaAsian
  • Question
Replies
Views
Matthew052248
  • Question
Replies