Too Many Fish Already?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Cruise, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Cruise

CruiseValued MemberMember

So, in my four-foot tank I have 4 bronze corydoras, 1 upside down catfish, 3 clown loaches and 3 Pakistani loaches and I have got two clown plecos coming next week. I know that the clown and Pakistani loaches will grow large in the years to come, I don’t have a bigger tank yet but will get one in a year or so, but do I have too many fish now?

I wanted to see if I can get some more corys and maybe a couple of bristlenose plecos too? I planned to get a second filter to supplement the one I have presently - Aqua one aquis 1250 canister filter.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

2. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm IncludedWell Known MemberMember

Depends on whether the tank is cycled or not. The bottom is crowded but you have nearly nothing upper or mid-section.

3. OP
    OP
    Cruise

Yep, tank is cycled, took just over a month to do though, then I added fish.

4. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

You aren't overstocked now but will be when the fish grow...... I would add more of the cories and get some stuff for the middle-top area.

5. OP
    OP
    Cruise

I got some more cories and 4 Otocinclus and also bought a second filter this one is an internal one - Aquatopia Internal Filter 400.
    I have a 2 foot tank with 5 or 6 mollies in it, I was planning of moving them over to the big tank too. I need to pull down their current tank and clean it and replace the silicone seals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice