Too Many Fish Already?

1. Cruise

Cruise Valued Member Member

So, in my four-foot tank I have 4 bronze corydoras, 1 upside down catfish, 3 clown loaches and 3 Pakistani loaches and I have got two clown plecos coming next week. I know that the clown and Pakistani loaches will grow large in the years to come, I don’t have a bigger tank yet but will get one in a year or so, but do I have too many fish now?

I wanted to see if I can get some more corys and maybe a couple of bristlenose plecos too? I planned to get a second filter to supplement the one I have presently - Aqua one aquis 1250 canister filter.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

2. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm Included Well Known Member Member

Depends on whether the tank is cycled or not. The bottom is crowded but you have nearly nothing upper or mid-section.

3. OP
    OP
    Cruise

Yep, tank is cycled, took just over a month to do though, then I added fish.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

You aren't overstocked now but will be when the fish grow...... I would add more of the cories and get some stuff for the middle-top area.

5. OP
    OP
    Cruise

I got some more cories and 4 Otocinclus and also bought a second filter this one is an internal one - Aquatopia Internal Filter 400.
    I have a 2 foot tank with 5 or 6 mollies in it, I was planning of moving them over to the big tank too. I need to pull down their current tank and clean it and replace the silicone seals.